Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Good bow shop in Central VA? >

Good bow shop in Central VA?

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Good bow shop in Central VA?

Old 12-07-2012, 06:19 AM
Fork Horn

Hunt N Shak in Goochland is also a great shop. Forrest is there tech out there and he knows his stuff.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:46 AM
Typical Buck

Being a bow addict I will give my .02 being I live in that area and been to multiple shops. I have 4 bows in the house to keep running and can do some work myself but not all.

Greentop has plenty of stuff but would never let them touch my bow. The new store has more to offer than the last, but never had good luck at GreenTop with the people in basically all depts. Long stories that I don't feel like typing. Have friends with family who work there and plenty of people who enjoy going there. I am not one of them.

Raul at BassPro was good but no longer there in archery. Great at working on Bowtechs which basspro don't sell, he dabbled in making his own strings and stuff so he was a big archery guy. John at Bass was pretty good also he also no longer works there.

Hunt'n'shack I have spoken to Nancy there multiple times and she is very nice and informative. Never had them touch 1 of my my bows (yet) but have heard they have a great tech. Heard so many stories about I believe its Nancy's husband with a crappy attitude and ranting at customers. Never seen it first hand, but have spoken to plenty of random people who went there and vow to never return because of him.

Wilcox is a bit of a drive for me back to old stomping grounds. Mr. Wilcox has worked on one of my bows in the past yr and did an amazing job. Not the fastest and he got side tracked (still has to run the store some while he works) but did a great job, and made some suggestions for me in my form. They could use a bigger store or even update it some but they are known for being right there..

I know of one guy in Gloucester that is suppose to be opening a shop up. North of the courthouse. Don't know if its happened yet, need to follow up with that. He knows his stuff and does some a bit of traveling around the country bow hunting.

Hunters Haven in Gloucester has some stuff in there but don't think they have a dedicated tech, and the work area with the press and stuff seems to be the throw all your **** in this direction. Bought some arrows years ago (before carbon made the scene) from them. Did buy my first gun from them when I turned 18. $80 for a blackpowder rifle..

Place in King William called Three Rivers outfitters carry Parker, and guy that owns it wants to get a dedicated bow section. He is just starting. Just down the road is a store called JoJo's last time in there I had a better chance of getting my hunting stuff from Walmart. Both places are newish and three rivers just opened this past spring so he is still getting started.

Thats my experiance and how I found things to be.