Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Kentucky Rut

Old 10-30-2012, 10:19 AM
Spike

Default Kentucky Rut

Any Kentucky hunters have an update on the rut activity. I havent been in the woods recently and was just wanting to know if they are chasing or still yet to start?
Old 11-07-2012, 10:51 AM
Fork Horn

Know this is late but, they are getting pretty fired up now. I hunted all this past weekend in Lewis county and the little bucks were running does a little but the bigger buck were still just cruising around making scrapes and what not. I am headed back down there for this weekend tomorrow so hopefully they will be more fired up! i would love to put one down Friday before rifle season.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:37 AM
Spike

here in hart county the rut has started , i have seen bucks pushing for the past two weeks, beginning to get plenty of pics of does that have there backs torn up pretty good, it is not in full swing yet but i am hoping that the cold front will push it along more

check out this video of camera shots all the cameras are set in central time zone and all photos are from 2012 one of the older cameras is showing 2011 but they are all from this year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p-i03qVIZY

this old boy was taken today off the farm, i have him on several different shots this year and he was beginning to go downhill so he was harvested today

Last edited by ky wonder; 11-13-2012 at 12:53 AM.