Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Virginia Rut Watch 2012 >

Virginia Rut Watch 2012

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Virginia Rut Watch 2012

Old 11-26-2012, 08:18 AM
Spike

VA5326, go to F&S and look for the rut/game movement times. This weekend should be a good one. 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:20 AM
Spike

DROX, Nov 9 through Nov 13 was fantastic rut activity in Fauquier. Don't know what's going on by you. Better luck this weekend.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:44 AM
Spike

This past Sat. I hunted in Powhatan County and with about ten minutes of legal shooting light left 2 does and 2 yearlings come in. I'm holding out for the buck that may or may not show up looking for these girls. With only a few minutes left I decide to get some meat. Just as I raised my gun on the big doe I hear two large deer running right up to the does and they scatter. One is to my right but can't see him yet. when I finally see him or more like I see his outline from an early moon it is too late to shoot. Couldn't tell how many points But his base was BIG. He made a scrape then the two bucks went back in the direction of the does. Rut activity ? I'll say yes. I'll be back after him next week.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:28 PM
Fork Horn

cpljbuck,
Yeah, who knows. Maybe its just going to be one of them kinda' years for me. Right place, right time, wrong year!

I did, however, speak with a neighbor yesterday who lives and hunts about 1/2 mile from me and he said that Saturday he saw 17 does pass before a small buck finally followed up a few minutes later. He said he had seen so many does this season, but had only seen a couple of bucks; one which he killed.

That's how it is, sometimes you're the bug and sometimes you're the windshield!
Old 11-27-2012, 10:06 AM
Fork Horn

Hunted Quantico today the deer movment has defiantly stopped I have hunted about one week and went from seeing 5 deer a day to seeing nothing I guess there in the lock down phase and not moving.....This has been a very dissapointing rut especially when they predicted it to be one of the best in several years I guess you can blame Virginia for it 100-1 doe to buck ratio
Old 11-27-2012, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hunted all day yesterday and only saw two does between 10:45 and 11:15. These two were feeding. Hoped a buck would cruise by but never did.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:22 AM
Spike

Drox, This little 50 acre area I hunt has been the opposite. I have seen more bucks this year includeing the yearlings than in years past. We did a lot of doe hunting the past three years and it seems to hve paid off. We still have about 20 or so doe that filter through and a geroup of nine that stick together so we're seeing a lot more bucks and better quaility too.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:24 AM
Spike

Checked the rut activity in the area of Fauquier County. Rut is still happening, but the winter pattern is creeping ing in. Should see some bucks tomorrow and Saturday. Game movement time 1:30 to 3:30 both days (Friday and Saturday). Buck hunting both days unless I get my big Nine I have been after tomorrow!!! Been chasing this guy all year. Who knows what the woods will bring, but it's better than being at work!!!!!! Good luck to all going out this weekend!!
Old 11-29-2012, 04:16 PM
Fork Horn

Cpljbuck,
Tomorrow, sunrise to 10 am and then noon to 4pm; that's the plan. Since i
i live an an EAB county, the next has to be a doe. But that's ok because I need to fill the freezer.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:11 PM
Typical Buck

Good luck guys! My season is over!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.