Default Republicans and Sunday hunting

Commentary that ran in The Roanoke Times:
http://www.roanoke.com/editorials/commentary/wb/313503
Old 09-04-2012, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Iraqandback03
Commentary that ran in The Roanoke Times:
http://www.roanoke.com/editorials/commentary/wb/313503
If you remember 2 years ago the only support we had for Sunday hunting were 2 NOVA democrats(Marsden & Petersen).
Old 09-05-2012, 07:10 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by VAhuntr
If you remember 2 years ago the only support we had for Sunday hunting were 2 NOVA democrats(Marsden & Petersen).

I have been in contact with Sen. Marsden a couple of times on this issue and he is in favor of Sunday hunting. Very nice person to speak with.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:23 AM
Typical Buck

What needs to be done is to get on the speaker of the House to find out why the ACNR committee seems to think they know better than over 60% of those surveyed on this issue. 4 Republicans held up the removal of the unconstitutional ban on everyone being allowed to hunt on Sundays. Several specialty groups are allowed to hunt on Sunday but not the general populations. Blatant discrimination and violation of the seperation of church and state rulings. Time to let House Speaker Powell know what the rest of the country thinks on this issue. He keeps dodging it by blaming others. After all he is the Speaker and he should be in charge
Old 09-07-2012, 08:37 AM
Typical Buck

Very few except the politicians who are sportsmen/women care about the ACNR as apparent from their yearly siphoning/pilfering of the money we(DNR) produce to other programs "more in need". This happens every year. We will have Sunday Hunting eventually. Maybe not next year or the following year. Eventually the reality of politicians needing votes to get re-elected will supersede their political agendas/views.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Obama needs four more years

And do Virginia and the country real good. And hunting might be the least of your problems.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:16 PM
Typical Buck

George Allen has accepted the backing of anti Sunday Hunting lobbyist Kirby Burch and VaHDA chairman Jim Hackett. Anyone who follows this issue should know them both and their stand to keep the ban but want to expand Sunday chase with dogs. Sorry Mr Allen you do not get my vote this time. They are behind the Hunters for Allen group. Republicans are losing the support of many hunters in Va. That doesn 't mean support gor Democrats though.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

As much as I want Sunday Hunting I will vote for Allen over Kane...Kane is a BIG liberal...we will just have to put pressure on Allen when he gets elected to pass Sunday Hunting...this election is about MORE then hunting.....it's about America and ALL your RIGHTS and LIBERTIES.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by brewman555
As much as I want Sunday Hunting I will vote for Allen over Kane...Kane is a BIG liberal...we will just have to put pressure on Allen when he gets elected to pass Sunday Hunting...this election is about MORE then hunting.....it's about America and ALL your RIGHTS and LIBERTIES.
Very well said. I don't really care for Allen any more but I refuse to vote for Kaine. One of these two will be representing VA on the national level......we need to be writing, calling, and emailing our state Senators and Congressmen to find out where they stand on the Sunday hunting issue.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:15 AM
Typical Buck

Allen is saying that it is a state issue and not a federal one. He seems to be trying to straddle both sides of the fence by taking money from those against removing the ban. I agree I will not vote for Kaine but I will also not support or vote for Allen. The leadership of the Republican party in Virginia is trying to stay out of this fight. Time to make them aware or what can happen if they do not get totally behind this issue one way or the other. I feel they are asking for our votes to get elected so they can say no to removal of the ban. That, to me, is wrong and I will use this year to hold them accountable each and every way I can. After all it would only take one vote change to get this to the General Assembly for once. Just one vote. And that can be determined by the Republican leadership.

By the way once Allen is elected he will stay far away from this issue .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.