Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Republicans and Sunday hunting >

Republicans and Sunday hunting

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Republicans and Sunday hunting

Old 09-16-2012, 07:12 PM
Typical Buck

Kaine did nothing for Sunday Hunting but had no support by hunters. Republicans killed Sunday Hunting and say they support hunting so many vote for them. So who has done the the most to curtail hunring? It is easy yet the support continues. 4 Republicans vote to kill the bill to remove the ban each year every year. How many Democrats do in that committee. Enjoy the games courtesy of the GOP.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by vapahunter
Kaine did nothing for Sunday Hunting but had no support by hunters. Republicans killed Sunday Hunting and say they support hunting so many vote for them. So who has done the the most to curtail hunring? It is easy yet the support continues. 4 Republicans vote to kill the bill to remove the ban each year every year. How many Democrats do in that committee. Enjoy the games courtesy of the GOP.
Then shouldn't those in the committees & sub committees be the ones we hold accountable? It is the state Senators and Congressmen that we need to be focusing on here.

BTW, there was a movement to lift the ban when Kaine was running for Governor. Both Kaine and Kilgore claimed they supported lifting the ban in 2005.

http://www.roanoke.com/outdoors/bill...field/wb/37289

Last edited by VAhuntr; 09-17-2012 at 04:16 AM.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

VAhuntr....your not gonna changes the minds of these guys.....no hunter would vote for Kane knowing that he's just like obama ...against your 2nd amendment rights ......they must like higher taxes....higher gas prices ......more entitlements...and less freedom......i don't think they are republicans....I think they are liberals.....and your right...go after the people on the committees that VOTED NO......I'm all for that....but when it comes to national politics I will vote for the good of the country.....
Old 09-17-2012, 05:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Eyedr
I will vote to get as many of these republicans out of office as possible. They had their chance to listen, yet has sat on their asses and done nothing. Now I will do something.

I will also sit at home and wait for a Democrat to come and take my guns....(this will never happen, even though the Rebuplicans keep preaching this to me as a scare tactic.)
You need to inform yourself......obama....clinton..finestine...schume r and the UN are working together on a gun bill that would ban "assault weapons "....30 round clips would be illegal and would get 10 years in jail.....no right to open carry or conceal carry ect....the dems want your guns and want to destroy your 2nd Amendment Rights....if Obama gets a second term and has a liberal congress obama will destroy this country.....that's why Kane can't win....he WILL VOTE FOR EVERYTHING Obama wants......
Old 09-17-2012, 11:00 AM
Spike

I just sent this to George Allen because of my disappointment in him standing with those who fight to restrict my access to the hunting woods.
If you want to email Senate Candidate Allen you can do so here: [email protected]
He needs to hear from those of us who support SH, word has made it to me that he didn't have a clue as to the full picture of who he was standing on the stage with.
"I just wanted to express my displeasure that you chose to stand with Kirby Burch and the Virginia Hunting Dog Alliance at the “Sportsmen for Allen” rally at Green Top Sporting Goods in Glen Allen, VA.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...6621704&type=3
The Virginia Hunting Dog Alliance is not an organization that represents sportsmen in Virginia and in fact is causing a very large rift in the hunting community by continually fighting to restrict hunter access to the woods on Sunday. I will not vote for a Democrat for the state senate seat because I am a Republican. However, I will not vote for you to be in the seat either because you have put on public display a lack of support for the hunting community as a whole by aligning yourself with a group that opposes hunter access to the woods.
Hunting is my favorite past time and is a critical matter in my voting considerations. You should choose more wisely when stumping as a friend to Virginia’s sportsmen."
Old 09-17-2012, 01:06 PM
Typical Buck

Hey, VaPaHunter, what would you say if someone told you that they were going to vote for Democrats because Republicans hadn't lowered their taxes enough? Democrats are the party of tax hikes and gun banning. Voting for a Democrat because you want more hunting rights is just like voting for a democrat because you want lower taxes.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just sent Allen an email with a simple question....

Where do you stand on Sunday Hunting....Are you for it or against it...?????

I will let everyone know his answer if and when he replies.....
Old 09-17-2012, 02:10 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by VAhuntr
Then shouldn't those in the committees & sub committees be the ones we hold accountable? It is the state Senators and Congressmen that we need to be focusing on here.

BTW, there was a movement to lift the ban when Kaine was running for Governor. Both Kaine and Kilgore claimed they supported lifting the ban in 2005.

http://www.roanoke.com/outdoors/bill...field/wb/37289
They will not change their vote. Not as long as there is no pressure from the State Republican leadership. Make the leadership feel the pressure and you will see the ban removed. Otherwise, like I keep saying, enjoy your Sunday NFL games on TV for many years to come.

And yes there are many dedicated hunters who vote Democratic whether you like it or not. I am turning that way more and more everyday. Republicans are taking us to the cleaner.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by vapahunter
They will not change their vote. Not as long as there is no pressure from the State Republican leadership. Make the leadership feel the pressure and you will see the ban removed. Otherwise, like I keep saying, enjoy your Sunday NFL games on TV for many years to come.

And yes there are many dedicated hunters who vote Democratic whether you like it or not. I am turning that way more and more everyday. Republicans are taking us to the cleaner.
If you truly believe voting Kaine will end the Sunday hunting ban, then I have some ocean front property in Lee County I'll sell ya!
Old 09-17-2012, 05:00 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Iraqandback03
I just sent this to George Allen because of my disappointment in him standing with those who fight to restrict my access to the hunting woods.
If you want to email Senate Candidate Allen you can do so here: [email protected]
He needs to hear from those of us who support SH, word has made it to me that he didn't have a clue as to the full picture of who he was standing on the stage with.
"I just wanted to express my displeasure that you chose to stand with Kirby Burch and the Virginia Hunting Dog Alliance at the “Sportsmen for Allen” rally at Green Top Sporting Goods in Glen Allen, VA.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...6621704&type=3
The Virginia Hunting Dog Alliance is not an organization that represents sportsmen in Virginia and in fact is causing a very large rift in the hunting community by continually fighting to restrict hunter access to the woods on Sunday. I will not vote for a Democrat for the state senate seat because I am a Republican. However, I will not vote for you to be in the seat either because you have put on public display a lack of support for the hunting community as a whole by aligning yourself with a group that opposes hunter access to the woods.
Hunting is my favorite past time and is a critical matter in my voting considerations. You should choose more wisely when stumping as a friend to Virginia’s sportsmen."
Excellent post. Thank you for sharing the link and the photo. At least we know that Allen is rubbing elbows with Kirby Birch. This seals the deal. I CAN NOT and will NOT support Allen.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.