Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Republicans and Sunday hunting >

Republicans and Sunday hunting

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Republicans and Sunday hunting

Old 09-13-2012, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

vapahunter.....I understand what your saying and how you feel....but if you don't vote for Allen you might as well vote for Kane.....and Kane iS NO FRIEND to anyone who owns an gun of any kind ......and if he's ANTI-GUN ..... He's ANTI- HUNTING.....we will ALL have to put pressure on EVERYBODY involved with the decision making on Sunday Hunting to get them to vote YES.....
Old 09-13-2012, 08:01 AM
Typical Buck

I want Sunday hunting as much as anyone here, but I am voting against Kaine. Not only is Tim Kaine your typical ignorant gun-hating liberal, he is a vocal supporter of nearly everything Obummer has done including backdoor cap and trade and backdoor amnesty.

Any gun owner who doesn't go out and vote against Tim Kaine isn't worth their weight in salt, IMO, and has no standing to complain when the anti-gun, anti-hunting liberals start ramming things down our throat. Right now there is at least a 49% chance of Obummer getting re-elected, and we need to do everything in our power to make sure the Congress is conservative. A second-term Obama with a liberal congress is a nightmare for gun owners, hunters, and the middle class in general.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good post Stonewall....obama and a liberal congress won't be a nightmare.....it will be the END of YOUR FREEDOMS... YOUR RIGHTS....YOUR LIBERTIES and the END America as we know it....
Old 09-13-2012, 04:09 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Stonewall308
I want Sunday hunting as much as anyone here, but I am voting against Kaine. Not only is Tim Kaine your typical ignorant gun-hating liberal, he is a vocal supporter of nearly everything Obummer has done including backdoor cap and trade and backdoor amnesty.

Any gun owner who doesn't go out and vote against Tim Kaine isn't worth their weight in salt, IMO, and has no standing to complain when the anti-gun, anti-hunting liberals start ramming things down our throat. Right now there is at least a 49% chance of Obummer getting re-elected, and we need to do everything in our power to make sure the Congress is conservative. A second-term Obama with a liberal congress is a nightmare for gun owners, hunters, and the middle class in general.

You make some excellent points. However, the only way to change this arcane law is to made your voice heard. I have written letters, sent emails, and place numerous phone calls to my law makers. It has all fallen on deaf ears for the past three years. This is the year, I change my party and vote against Allen and will vote Kaine. If a few of these knuckleheads get voted out of office, maybe some of the others will get off their arse and take this seriously.

I work 5-6 days a week and the Sunday ban dramatically affects one of the passions of my life.
Old 09-14-2012, 04:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Eyedr
You make some excellent points. However, the only way to change this arcane law is to made your voice heard. I have written letters, sent emails, and place numerous phone calls to my law makers. It has all fallen on deaf ears for the past three years. This is the year, I change my party and vote against Allen and will vote Kaine. If a few of these knuckleheads get voted out of office, maybe some of the others will get off their arse and take this seriously.

I work 5-6 days a week and the Sunday ban dramatically affects one of the passions of my life.
That will show them....vote for Kane....he's only ANTI-GUN...and as I said ANTI GUN IS ANTI HUNTING......and you want Sunday Hunting...sorry but you sound like the "KNUCKLEHEAD"......
Old 09-14-2012, 05:09 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Eyedr
Amen! That is what the locally elected Republicans need to realize. They keep crapping on my favorite past time and what else am I going to do than walk away from them.

The article I wrote never said "vote Democrat" and I specifically added in "local" to the politics. Allen and Kaine are running for federal office and they have no effective impact on Sunday hunting. Other than they can go to Delegate Ware and say "What the heck are you doing that I'm loosing votes and support for a federal office ticket."

Locally elected Republicans are the reason we Virginians don't have the freedom to choose what we do on our own property on Sunday. Absolutely they need to hear that they aren't standing for Republican values.

I do not plan on voting for a Democrat for national elections, but I'm certainly not going to support State Republicans. In fact we should be letting every hunter we can know that Republicans are actively restricting hunter access to the woods. They are no friend to the hunter.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:48 AM
Typical Buck

What you guys need to wake up and realize is that your old Democratic part is gone.

These days Democrats believe that terrorists should be give civilian trials and constitutional rights, despite the fact that there is absolutely no legal basis to give such rights to non-citizens captured in a foreign war zone. They have waged a silent war on gun ownership since 2000 when Al Gore said gun control cost him the election, so now they try to reach the same ends with less noticable manuevers. The have an emphatic religious-like belief that marginal tax rates must always go up, based on an intolerance of individual success that is reminiscent of communism; democrats mention hiking tax rates in nearly every single speech or interview they give, and Obummer has said that he would raise tax rates even if it causes tax revenue to go down. Democrats have passed regulation requiring every woman, regardless of her religious beliefs, to pay for abortion-inducing pills through her health insurance premiums. And it is the Democrats who, behind closed doors, refer to people like us as ignorant hillbillies "clinging to their guns or religion."

I don't care if it is state or federal, there is simply no such thing as an old-style Democrat anymore. Saying that you are going to vote for a Democrat because Republicans are not sufficiently pro-gun is like moving to Alaska because Virginia is not sufficiently warm.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

A vote for kane ...obama or any other dem is a vote against ALL YOUR FREEDOMS....they are ALL ANTI GUN......please wake up before November and before it's TO LATE....

Remember that old saying...... Watch what you wish for...because you just might get it..
Old 09-14-2012, 11:10 AM
Typical Buck

But also remember that it is the Republicans that are restricting your rights as stated by the state constitution. They are saying you have the RIGHT to hunt but only on certain days. What other right is there in that is restricted to certain days of the week.

My vote is my own and trying to intimidate me is like peeing on a tree and hoping it will grow. Waste of time. But you are entitled to your opinion as I am.

The only way this ban is going to get changed is if ALL elected Republicans feel the pressure. That is not happening right now and that is why the ban remains. Allen and Howell deny it is their problem. The governor and AG think it is a minor annoyance.

Make it their problem and it will be removed. How you vote is your private matter. Who you support is your business. Whether the ban gets removed is the business of all who hunt. We need to use every tool in the arsenal.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by vapahunter
But also remember that it is the Republicans that are restricting your rights as stated by the state constitution. They are saying you have the RIGHT to hunt but only on certain days. What other right is there in that is restricted to certain days of the week.

My vote is my own and trying to intimidate me is like peeing on a tree and hoping it will grow. Waste of time. But you are entitled to your opinion as I am.

The only way this ban is going to get changed is if ALL elected Republicans feel the pressure. That is not happening right now and that is why the ban remains. Allen and Howell deny it is their problem. The governor and AG think it is a minor annoyance.

Make it their problem and it will be removed. How you vote is your private matter. Who you support is your business. Whether the ban
gets removed is the business of all who hunt. We need to use every tool in the arsenal.
No one is trying to intimidate you...you just don't seem to get....we all want Sunday Hunting....but if you have gun grabbing liberals running things it won't matter if you get Sunday Hunting because you won't have a weapon to hunt with.....you can vote for whoever you want to.....but I'm gonna vote for the guy ( Allen ) who will stand up for my gun rights and the rest of my freedoms.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.