HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   South (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south-27/)
-   -   Republicans and Sunday hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south/370690-republicans-sunday-hunting.html)

vapahunter 09-14-2012 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by brewman555 (Post 3977574)
:patriot:

No one is trying to intimidate you...you just don't seem to get....we all want Sunday Hunting....but if you have gun grabbing liberals running things it won't matter if you get Sunday Hunting because you won't have a weapon to hunt with.....you can vote for whoever you want to.....but I'm gonna vote for the guy ( Allen ) who will stand up for my gun rights and the rest of my freedoms.....

I get it exactly whether you think so or not. If we keep doing what we have benn doing to get the ban lifted then we will keep getting the same results. Time to do something different buy you keep banging your head against that Republican wall. Let me know when you quit bleeding. No one is advocating turning anything over to thd liberals. Time to make the leadership suffer for not supporting hunters and listening to the leirs who only look out for themselves.

VAhuntr 09-14-2012 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by vapahunter (Post 3977505)
But also remember that it is the Republicans that are restricting your rights as stated by the state constitution. They are saying you have the RIGHT to hunt but only on certain days. What other right is there in that is restricted to certain days of the week.

My vote is my own and trying to intimidate me is like peeing on a tree and hoping it will grow. Waste of time. But you are entitled to your opinion as I am.

The only way this ban is going to get changed is if ALL elected Republicans feel the pressure. That is not happening right now and that is why the ban remains. Allen and Howell deny it is their problem. The governor and AG think it is a minor annoyance.

Make it their problem and it will be removed. How you vote is your private matter. Who you support is your business. Whether the ban gets removed is the business of all who hunt. We need to use every tool in the arsenal.

Do you expect or think Tim Kaine will stand up for gun owners? You can surely vote for who you want as that is your right. However, you need to research what Kaine has stood for in the past and what he stands for now. He is no friend of gun owners or hunters.

vapahunter 09-14-2012 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by VAhuntr (Post 3977605)
Do you expect or think Tim Kaine will stand up for gun owners? You can surely vote for who you want as that is your right. However, you need to research what Kaine has stood for in the past and what he stands for now. He is no friend of gun owners or hunters.

And with Republicans continualy voting tokeep the ban you think they are anybetter. So you just give them a free pass on this issue. Ok now you know why the ban remains. And will continue to remain for many years to come.

brewman555 09-15-2012 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by vapahunter (Post 3977686)
And with Republicans continualy voting tokeep the ban you think they are anybetter. So you just give them a free pass on this issue. Ok now you know why the ban remains. And will continue to remain for many years to come.

What's more important.......voting for someone to get Sunday Hunting or voting for someone keep your rights to own a gun...????

Eyedr 09-15-2012 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by brewman555 (Post 3977733)
What's more important.......voting for someone to get Sunday Hunting or voting for someone keep your rights to own a gun...????

I will vote to get as many of these republicans out of office as possible. They had their chance to listen, yet has sat on their asses and done nothing. Now I will do something.

I will also sit at home and wait for a Democrat to come and take my guns....(this will never happen, even though the Rebuplicans keep preaching this to me as a scare tactic.)

VAhuntr 09-15-2012 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by vapahunter (Post 3977686)

Not all Republicans are against Sunday hunting. My Senator, Bill Stanley, supported Sunday hunting last year. Not all Republicans are against it. I refuse to vote for Kaine because he is a liberal and will side with Obama no matter what.

vapahunter 09-15-2012 06:00 PM

And the ban will remain as many will not hold those in charge responsble for the actions of other Republicans. Enjoy watching your football games each Sunday while those who work the system are out hunting. I guess the NFL will benefit from all who can not hunt in Va for many years to come. Enjoy it.

VAhuntr 09-16-2012 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by vapahunter (Post 3977988)
And the ban will remain as many will not hold those in charge responsble for the actions of other Republicans. Enjoy watching your football games each Sunday while those who work the system are out hunting. I guess the NFL will benefit from all who can not hunt in Va for many years to come. Enjoy it.

What I'm trying to say is, I don't understand your logic in voting for Kaine over Allen. One of these two men will be considering legislation and issues that will affect our country as a whole. I don't see either one playing a major role in this state issue of hunting on Sunday in VA.

What we as hunters need to do is identify the members of our state legislature that need replacing and we need to work together. As I said earlier, if you choose to vote for Kaine that is certainly your right but please research his views. He is a "rubber stamp" for Obama and his policies.

vapahunter 09-16-2012 02:36 PM

I know exactly what his views are. I know exactly what Republicans have done for hunterson this issue. Enjoy your football games for the next couple of years.

VAhuntr 09-16-2012 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by vapahunter (Post 3978287)
I know exactly what his views are. I know exactly what Republicans have done for hunterson this issue. Enjoy your football games for the next couple of years.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. BTW, what did Kaine do for Sunday hunting when he was Governor? Whether it's Allen or Kaine, I'm not expecting either one to make a difference on Sunday hunting in VA.