Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Greenswamp wma hunters >

Greenswamp wma hunters

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 01-03-2020, 03:53 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by David2018
Congratulations BuckItUp! I haven't made it up there yet this year. Hoping to get there in the coming week. Roads in good shape?
​​​​​​David yeah the roads aren't too bad. It is bumpy as all can be coming in from 471 until you get to the check station. After that they are all decent with a few big potholes here and there. I'll be out Sunday. Should be a decent day with the cold front moving in that night, pretty big drop. Good luck man.
Old 01-04-2020, 07:55 AM
Fork Horn

Still haven’t made it out to GS this season yet. But a buddy called to see if I could come to richloam and play blocker. They run dogs. Holy mother of does. We only dropped the dogs three times and all three times they ran multiple does. One run they ran 15+ does it was just too many deer to get a solid count and not one set of antlers was seen by two different blocker/shooters. They have got to open a doe season over there. I thought GS has a bad buck to doe ratio.
Old 01-04-2020, 02:05 PM
Spike

Thanks BuckItUp. The weather should help hopefully. I got a sick wife at home and can't go anywhere yet. Hopefully early to mid week.
Old 01-05-2020, 06:36 AM
Spike

Nice hog BuckItUp. I was just looking at WMA Brochures and it looks as though I will be hunting hogs in GS or Richloam during small game season, last few days. Now I just need to figure out my weapon of choice, bow, crossbow, muzzleloader or pistol, probably not shotgun, choices, choices, choices. If I don't bring along the climber, probably opt for muzzleloader or pistol. Any thoughts, anyone? I just enjoy being in the woods when I know it's still cold and snowy here in PA.
Old 01-05-2020, 02:03 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by David2018
Thanks BuckItUp. The weather should help hopefully. I got a sick wife at home and can't go anywhere yet. Hopefully early to mid week.
Man David sorry to hear that. Hopefully she gets well soon while the going is still good.
Old 01-05-2020, 02:09 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Central PA Sportsman
Nice hog BuckItUp. I was just looking at WMA Brochures and it looks as though I will be hunting hogs in GS or Richloam during small game season, last few days. Now I just need to figure out my weapon of choice, bow, crossbow, muzzleloader or pistol, probably not shotgun, choices, choices, choices. If I don't bring along the climber, probably opt for muzzleloader or pistol. Any thoughts, anyone? I just enjoy being in the woods when I know it's still cold and snowy here in PA.
PA Sportsman your all around best is a shotgun. The areas that have the most traffic for hogs is usually pretty thick. Can't go wrong with a slug in the chamber followed up with 2 3/4 inch 00 buckshot. Green swamp is an excellent WMA if you can get it figured out. Richloam can also be good at times but it gets ran down with dogs throughout the season game in there is especially on their senses. During small game season I like to walk around areas I would like to check out next year for deer season. Walk as many fire breaks as you can, I usually walk 5-10 miles or more in a day during small game. it will greatly increase your odds. Good luck and safe hunting!
Old 01-06-2020, 12:10 PM
Spike

Thanks for the advise BuckItUp. My buddy in Florida has a couple shotguns and I did get a hog in Croom a few years ago with the 12 gauge slug gun, definetly got the job done. Do like the thought of getting a hog with the T/C Encore pistol. Don't mind the walking, just enjoy being outside. I also use the time to scout for possible future hunts. Will report back on how things go.
Old 01-31-2020, 06:13 AM
Spike

Howd the late season go for yall in green swamp? Whats the final numbers lookin like
Old 01-31-2020, 07:52 PM
Spike

Well, it's official. No deer season for me this year. Spent a couple weeks sick, then the wife got it for a couple more. Mom turns 92 tomorrow and Super Bowl on Sunday. Oh well... there's always a chance for small game season and a possible hog. Hope all you guys that made it out had success. This board was really quiet this year. I'll post when I'm going small game hog hunting. Maybe we can meet up and try to find one.
Old 05-12-2020, 08:30 PM
Spike

Default Just checking in

Hope all on this forum are doing well and staying healthy. I for one have been staying busy keeping the catfish population at bay. Lol. Anyone kill any long beards this past season? Figured I'd try to keep it alive. Good bless and hunt and fish safely.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.