Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Greenswamp wma hunters >

Greenswamp wma hunters

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 12-09-2019, 05:32 AM
Spike

Nails good to hear from you. Good luck on the second half. The weather kind of took a bad turn in the last couple days. It was nice and chilly all week long last week. Come opening season back to 80°. For the time being though I have seen quite a bit of mid-morning late-afternoon movement. Watched a bunch of otters playing in the Little Creek right by the stand. Climbed down yesterday they came right out to me. I'm hoping this six point I have in the area will step out, he's pretty nice I'll be slipping in sometime this afternoon.
Old 12-11-2019, 03:57 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BuckItUp
Nails good to hear from you. Good luck on the second half. The weather kind of took a bad turn in the last couple days. It was nice and chilly all week long last week. Come opening season back to 80°. For the time being though I have seen quite a bit of mid-morning late-afternoon movement. Watched a bunch of otters playing in the Little Creek right by the stand. Climbed down yesterday they came right out to me. I'm hoping this six point I have in the area will step out, he's pretty nice I'll be slipping in sometime this afternoon.
Good luck Buck. I won't be out until next week can in to work this morning to find out I had an extra project at work moved from Feb to today. Needless to say this week and the beginning of next week is shot.
Old 12-18-2019, 02:19 PM
Spike

I have an all new respect for those that hunt south of the river on the east side. That is some extreme long walks and really thick stuff. But I guess that's where they are. No matter how far I got into where I thought no other man would go, I would look around and there would be a ladder stand. A LADDER STAND. Some have not been used in many years. Did see some good buck sign. But man is it wet. In the 15 years I have been hitting the swamp I have never hunted toward the river. I may look into it more next year. Ide imagine it gets it just as hard if not harder then the a few blocks north of Main grade. Anyone do any good that way?
Old 12-19-2019, 09:52 AM
Spike

Good luck to yall hunting green swamp this season. I have a question about applications and cant find the answer. If you apply for a NWR deer hunt during Phase 1 applications; does it use your preference points like a wma application does??
Old 12-22-2019, 01:25 PM
Spike

Flaboy it works the same exact way. So quick report today Sunday December 22nd. Talked to Mark at the check station said a couple of the Bucks that were pulled out were in full rut, some just getting started. I saw four doe throughout the day morning, afternoon and late afternoon. They're definitely moving. There was one good 8-point 148 lb killed and 7 Hogs (471 side). Two guys killed all seven, dropped the sow and the piglets stuck around and they pick them off. All six piglets were under 15 lb.

Last edited by BuckItUp; 12-24-2019 at 10:14 PM.
Old 12-24-2019, 10:13 PM
Spike

To all who check and read this forum, I would like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones. If you are just reading and not a member you can learn a lot from here. Just create an account and sign in. All are welcome. You can also help others along their way. Anyway, don't forget what Christmas is all about! Good luck, safe hunting and Good bless!
Old 12-25-2019, 06:44 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by BuckItUp
To all who check and read this forum, I would like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones. If you are just reading and not a member you can learn a lot from here. Just create an account and sign in. All are welcome. You can also help others along their way. Anyway, don't forget what Christmas is all about! Good luck, safe hunting and Good bless!
merry christmas buckitup and to all the other hunters on the forum
Old 01-01-2020, 05:53 AM
Spike

Happy New Year to ALL! Glad to be back reading GS updates. Looking forward to getting back to FL this winter and do some hunting, probably hogs in February. January just a quick trip, driving a car down for a friend, flying home 2 days later.
Had a nice season in PA, 1 1/2 year old 5 point with the rifle, saw some nice bucks during archery just nothing within range, hope some make it to Fall of 2020. Saw 4 bears 2 days after archery bear season, none during rifle season. May head to MD this week, last 4 days of muzzleloader season, depends on rain.
Good luck and happy hunting to all!
Old 01-01-2020, 03:02 PM
Spike

Congrats congrats on your buck PA Sportsman! Well boys, I made it thunder out there today. Shot a 80lb sow just after first light. Checked her out of the 471 side. Got her cleaned and in the cooler and back in the woods by 11 am. What a freaking way to start the year! It was the first kill of the 2020 New year. Also the only thing checked out on the 471 side all day. The deer have seem to have slowed down a bit in the last week. Anyway good luck to you all, happy hunting and happy New year.
Attached Thumbnails Greenswamp wma hunters-1577886340126.jpeg  

Last edited by BuckItUp; 01-02-2020 at 04:00 PM.
Old 01-02-2020, 04:57 PM
Spike

Congratulations BuckItUp! I haven't made it up there yet this year. Hoping to get there in the coming week. Roads in good shape?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.