Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Greenswamp wma hunters >

Greenswamp wma hunters

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 10-27-2019, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

David2018, I just responded to your post; TL;DR go with the slugs and the most open choke you have.
Old 10-28-2019, 06:04 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by David2018
I posted this as a new thread the other day but not getting any play. Anyone provide any feedback? Thanks!
Yeah there's a lot of information out there that'll definitely make you scratch your head. Bottom line is both shells have different advantages. If you're in a spot you know you'll be shooting 40 yards out to maybe 90 yards then definitely go with a RIFLED slug. Now if you're in a spot you'll be shooting close range say 45 yards or closer 00 Buckshot is for sure the way to go. There are some ranges nearby that allow you to shoot shotguns, best way to be sure and confident of your shot is to pattern your gun, try to shoot different loads to see which your gun shoots best. Its all about the pattern. Smooth bore + rifled slug = long accuracy and big knock down power... Rifled bore + rifled slug = damaged gun and possible injury. As for buckshot a modified choke will do just fine. If you feel good about it start off with a slug in the chamber followed up by 2 loads of 00 buck, that way if you miss you'll probably be able to tag him with a follow-up. Hope this helps. Good luck!
Old 10-28-2019, 10:24 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by BuckItUp
Yeah there's a lot of information out there that'll definitely make you scratch your head. Bottom line is both shells have different advantages. If you're in a spot you know you'll be shooting 40 yards out to maybe 90 yards then definitely go with a RIFLED slug. Now if you're in a spot you'll be shooting close range say 45 yards or closer 00 Buckshot is for sure the way to go. There are some ranges nearby that allow you to shoot shotguns, best way to be sure and confident of your shot is to pattern your gun, try to shoot different loads to see which your gun shoots best. Its all about the pattern. Smooth bore + rifled slug = long accuracy and big knock down power... Rifled bore + rifled slug = damaged gun and possible injury. As for buckshot a modified choke will do just fine. If you feel good about it start off with a slug in the chamber followed up by 2 loads of 00 buck, that way if you miss you'll probably be able to tag him with a follow-up. Hope this helps. Good luck!
Thanks BuckItUp! Good info.
Old 11-01-2019, 05:53 AM
Spike

Anyone got the first 9 at croom this week? Should be a good hunt. Saw a small buck and a pile of does just riding bikes. Talk to a man said he has a big 9 figured out. Let's hear the reports. Good luck if ya got it!
Old 11-07-2019, 05:30 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BuckItUp
Anyone got the first 9 at croom this week? Should be a good hunt. Saw a small buck and a pile of does just riding bikes. Talk to a man said he has a big 9 figured out. Let's hear the reports. Good luck if ya got it!
been in there every day. Ive never seen so many hunters in the woods before. Seen a few does. Thats all so far.
Old 11-13-2019, 04:56 AM
Spike

Any reports on the opening of archery at the swamp?
Old 11-14-2019, 08:34 AM
Spike

Hi as you said : you fortunately got Greenswamp 1st and 2nd half general gun thats great . I think I am also gonna start scouting .
This month I am going for trekking and camping and I hope you have a great experience in your future too .
Thanks
--------------------
EMERGENCY WATERPROOF SLEEPING BAG

Last edited by player02; 11-15-2019 at 10:04 AM.
Old 12-02-2019, 05:47 PM
Spike

Default General Gun

Well, we are only 5 days away from the first nine. I've done some serious scouting this year. I have a good feeling and a new gun. Good luck and safe hunting to those that will be in the stand.
Old 12-07-2019, 02:20 PM
Spike

Default Green swamp opening gun

Well, I guess I'll be keeping this threat alive. Not too much going on the first day of General gun in green swamp. Nothing taken out of 471. Did see a fat doe at first light. Also checked the camera and there is a stud of a six-point, quite a few does and a pretty big coyote. Post the reports if you got them fellas!
Old 12-08-2019, 02:53 AM
Fork Horn

Didn't draw the first half of the first 9 days. Hope to get out the second half.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.