Greenswamp wma hunters >

Greenswamp wma hunters

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 09-07-2019, 03:39 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by FlaBoy18

thanks for the update. Sounds like you have a decent area figured out. I figured green swamp would be flooded cuz i was in citrus two weeks ago and it had water which is a rarity due to the soil and elevation.
Citrus has a few places that will get flat out nasty. gotta be careful with the mud holes on some of the trails them monsters with 44"+ tires get in there and dig them out.
Old 10-07-2019, 08:49 AM
Spike

Went out Saturday to stomp around for a bit, to my surprise and with luck the gates were open. I didn't even realize that it was hog dog season. Thought I was going to have to pedal the 24 mile round trip. From what I saw them guys did pretty well, a few big boys layed up on the dog boxes. Anyway I took a permit, hoping maybe to see one. That didn't happen. So I checked out a new area and walked thru some very questionable stuff to where I was thinking, what the hell am I doing? I pushed thru it and found a really nice area, not too much sign at all except for an old track or two. From experience, some of my best spots with the most activity have had very little to no deer sign. Sometimes you just get that feeling. I took a chance and hung a camera on a tree by a light trail, very easy to see. I just hope its there in a couple of weeks. On a side note, I will be on the West side this Fri-Sun for the Hog hunt. Anyone else have that hunt or any scouting reports?
Old 10-10-2019, 05:30 AM
Spike

Do you need a permit to hunt hog or do u just pull up and get a day pass?
Old 10-11-2019, 04:47 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by David2018
Do you need a permit to hunt hog or do u just pull up and get a day pass?
Nope just check in at the gate and he'll give you a daily quota permit. Open to the public, I've been missing out on all these years. It's a great way to scout for your deer spot this coming year. And have the chance to maybe bust to hog. Today, Saturday and Sunday are the last days for the hog dog hunt. Get in there laying down.
Old 10-11-2019, 02:35 PM
Spike

Default Green swamp west hog hunt

First time in green swamp west today for the hog quota. Saw more deer today than I ever have in my life, one beautiful buck. So I sat for half the day then climbed down around one. I walked some of the roads that are closed to vehicles for about two and a half hours. Right before I got to the truck there were a few rootin not to far from the road I shot and missed TWICE. Hurt my pride bad. Don't know what happened they were no more than 30 yrds, shooting a slug. Guess i pulled anticipating the kick. Damnit man!
Old 10-15-2019, 06:51 AM
Spike

How wet is it out in GS now?
Old 10-15-2019, 11:31 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by David2018
How wet is it out in GS now?
Its not terrible but there is some steady flowing water thru some of the swamps. If it stays the way it is and the rain keeps ay bay, I believe there is just the right amount of water in there. There did seem too be an influx of Water Moccasins and ALOT of hatchling gators. Kind of eerie walking thru shin deep water seeing the little ones around. Don't believe I'll be going in with any deeper water than what's there in that spot. All in all not bad.
Old 10-16-2019, 08:02 AM
Spike

Thanks BuckItUp!
Old 10-18-2019, 06:50 PM
Spike

Well with this storm moving thru, there goes every spot i scouted this summer. Such a bummer. David2018 I'll go ahead and assume waters up.
Old 10-27-2019, 10:26 AM
Spike

I posted this as a new thread the other day but not getting any play. Anyone provide any feedback? Thanks!

I have a Rem 870 2 3/4" 12 gauge and would like to use it on hogs in GS (FL). Only have a smooth bore barrel. Would u recommend rifled slug or buckshot? I looked at some brands not long ago but it was sensory overload; way too many options. If you could help me narrow it down, that would be great! Thanks guys.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.