Greenswamp wma hunters >

Greenswamp wma hunters

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 07-01-2019, 05:50 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Tufrthnails
Never hunted the west side. I have biked a few miles in there a couple of times out of season. If it was me I'd just hit the transition lines and look for fresh sign. Pigs move so much that's usually my game for chasing one down, but I'm not a huge hog hunter I'm more of a incidental hog hunter. If a youngen comes by it might go home with me depending on how tough the drag is.
yeah same here, never been on that side. Threw my name in the Hat one-time got lucky! I agree with the transition points, just like the other side but lower pressure I would imagine. Can't wait. Thanks!
Old 07-01-2019, 05:51 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by FlaBoy18

i got drawn for Baird for archery and croom for gun. Definitely right its bout time to scout for season. As far as GSW and hogs go, check out the north-east corner near 471. Typically alotta hogs in that part but like was mentioned before, hogs are very nomadic and dont stay put in one spot long like a deer does.
nice drawn Croom, never been to the Baird unit. Although I have been wanting to for a long time. I'll be making the bike track out there next weekend there's some cameras up on both sides and hope for the best. Thanks!
Old 07-02-2019, 07:10 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BuckItUp
nice drawn Croom, never been to the Baird unit. Although I have been wanting to for a long time. I'll be making the bike track out there next weekend there's some cameras up on both sides and hope for the best. Thanks!
Man I need to go grab some camera's also but dang is it hot I just can't make myself do it. I keep telling myself it only going to get hotter!
Old 07-02-2019, 07:43 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Tufrthnails
Man I need to go grab some camera's also but dang is it hot I just can't make myself do it. I keep telling myself it only going to get hotter!
Yea no doubt about that. Not even sure if my pack can hold enough water to keep me for the whole ride, plus the bugs in the wet woods are brutal. I always have these big plans of scouting new areas preseason, in the end I wind up hunting the same three places I've been hunting for the last 15 years on the east side. Just can't kick them spots.

Last edited by BuckItUp; 07-02-2019 at 02:01 PM.
Old 07-09-2019, 02:34 PM
Fork Horn

Yea no doubt about that. Not even sure if my pack can hold enough water to keep me for the whole ride, plus the bugs in the wet woods are brutal. I always have these big plans of scouting new areas preseason, in the end I wind up hunting the same three places I've been hunting for the last 15 years on the east side. Just can't kick them spots.
Lol those cams I need to get are in new spots for me. I'd love to say I'll make it out there to grab cards and reset, but it will probably be arch season before I do!!!
Old 07-10-2019, 05:00 PM
Spike

Hi guys. Was just looking at maps to start my process for this year. Didn't draw any permits this year. I also have big ideas of scouting but the damn heat is holding me back as well. I gun hunt and spent time on the west side of GS last year, saw nothing but other hunters including those on a damn Polaris running around on trails. Really want to hunt the east side this year. Looks like there's alot more palmetto on the east side, correct?
Old 07-10-2019, 05:56 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by David2018
Hi guys. Was just looking at maps to start my process for this year. Didn't draw any permits this year. I also have big ideas of scouting but the damn heat is holding me back as well. I gun hunt and spent time on the west side of GS last year, saw nothing but other hunters including those on a damn Polaris running around on trails. Really want to hunt the east side this year. Looks like there's alot more palmetto on the east side, correct?
In places yeah their is a lot of it and the prairie grass stuff
Old 09-06-2019, 12:06 PM
Spike

Default Camera check

Well had some time this week and checked the cameras, couldn't wait to see what was on them they've been out for a month now. Nothing spectacular, but there are three small bucks cruising together here and there, lots of hogs and a few turkeys that always seem to get as close to the camera as they can. Can't wait! Definitely going to make it a point to Go Stomp some new ground before it gets to late. Oh and it is so WET in most places.
Old 09-06-2019, 02:39 PM
Fork Horn

Well had some time this week and checked the cameras, couldn't wait to see what was on them they've been out for a month now. Nothing spectacular, but there are three small bucks cruising together here and there, lots of hogs and a few turkeys that always seem to get as close to the camera as they can. Can't wait! Definitely going to make it a point to Go Stomp some new ground before it gets to late. Oh and it is so WET in most places.

I haven't been out there this off season yet so thanks for the water level update. I got a couple of cams I left in since turkey I am itching to see what they have on them. They are getting toward the edge of their general battery life. But it's a long freaking walk to get to them. Might just have to suck it up and grab the bike and take that as far as I can get and then bail off into the swamp stomping.
Old 09-07-2019, 08:02 AM
Fork Horn

thanks for the update. Sounds like you have a decent area figured out. I figured green swamp would be flooded cuz i was in citrus two weeks ago and it had water which is a rarity due to the soil and elevation.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.