Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Greenswamp wma hunters >

Greenswamp wma hunters

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 01-23-2019, 01:34 PM
Spike

Default One more down

A few weeks ago I told y'all about "Cracker Mentality" on youtube. Well he knocked down another giant green swamp 8 point this morning. Check it out, great video! Here is the link to it. https://youtu.be/uF5vAlojjNE
Old 01-23-2019, 02:53 PM
Fork Horn

Saw that buck today on the video. Nice deer. Besides cracker mentality... any of yall seeing any in the swamp??
Old 01-24-2019, 05:04 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by BuckItUp
A few weeks ago I told y'all about "Cracker Mentality" on youtube. Well he knocked down another giant green swamp 8 point this morning. Check it out, great video! Here is the link to it. https://youtu.be/uF5vAlojjNE
I saw that video yesterday, what a nice deer. He definitely has it dialed in. I think I'm done for the year. Gotta work the next couple days. I guess small game will be a little scout time for next year and maybe get lucky seeing a hog... a dumb one at that. Congrats on the year gentlemen.
Old 01-26-2019, 10:03 AM
Spike

Default Til next season

Well i struck out once again. Hope some of you did well. Will say though, this year was not a total bust. Learned and saw a lot more this year than years past. There was a real nice 7point being hung up at the 471 gate on my way out, good on him!
Old 02-01-2019, 10:28 AM
Spike

Anybody gonna do some small game/scouting over the next few weeks?
Old 02-01-2019, 03:38 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by David2018
Anybody gonna do some small game/scouting over the next few weeks?
You bet I am. Try and put some pork shoulder on the smoker. I plan on doing a lot of walking around, find some new areas and hopefully lay one down.
Old 02-02-2019, 01:11 PM
Spike

Took the little one out today for a while. Set in the stand as long as he could sit, which wasn't long. Didn't see much of anything although it was a nice day. Anyone else make it out, any luck?
Old 06-25-2019, 05:23 PM
Spike

Default Quotas

Well quota results are in. How did everybody do? I got October 11th through October 13th green swamp West hog hunt and the second part of the first 9 days of green swamp East. It's only June I'm already pumped. Time to scout scout scout. Anyone have any idea to where to start at GS West? Been hunting East my whole life,
Old 06-26-2019, 05:41 AM
Fork Horn

Well quota results are in. How did everybody do? I got October 11th through October 13th green swamp West hog hunt and the second part of the first 9 days of green swamp East. It's only June I'm already pumped. Time to scout scout scout. Anyone have any idea to where to start at GS West? Been hunting East my whole life,
Never hunted the west side. I have biked a few miles in there a couple of times out of season. If it was me I'd just hit the transition lines and look for fresh sign. Pigs move so much that's usually my game for chasing one down, but I'm not a huge hog hunter I'm more of a incidental hog hunter. If a youngen comes by it might go home with me depending on how tough the drag is.
Old 06-27-2019, 12:44 PM
Fork Horn

i got drawn for Baird for archery and croom for gun. Definitely right its bout time to scout for season. As far as GSW and hogs go, check out the north-east corner near 471. Typically alotta hogs in that part but like was mentioned before, hogs are very nomadic and dont stay put in one spot long like a deer does.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.