Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Greenswamp wma hunters >

Greenswamp wma hunters

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 01-02-2019, 03:02 PM
Spike

So I just loaded up the truck for my second GS hunt... first time out in about three weeks. Gun, ammo, clothes, stand, blah, blah, blah. Get ready to pull a little further into the garage AND........... the F'ing battery is dead. Really?
Old 01-03-2019, 08:01 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by David2018
So I just loaded up the truck for my second GS hunt... first time out in about three weeks. Gun, ammo, clothes, stand, blah, blah, blah. Get ready to pull a little further into the garage AND........... the F'ing battery is dead. Really?
Of coarse why wouldn't it be dead. That sounds like the way things always go for me too. Well good luck man.
Old 01-03-2019, 04:51 PM
Spike

So I just watched a video of a guy that killed a really nice 8-point today in the swamp. His YouTube name is "Cracker Mentality". Check it out. He has a great channel. Congrats to him, beautiful buck!
Old 01-03-2019, 05:50 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by FlaBoy18

amen man ive always heard from guys that sit all day that sum of there best bucks were shot mid-day. Ive even met sum guys on public that get to there stands purposely at 10 am and sit till dark.
I do a lot of 10a - 3p sit when I am on night shift especially during mid December and lat Jan. Just last week had to let a heavy 6pt walk because I was still 1.5 miles from the truck and had to be at work in 2 hours . I tend to do more of an observation style sit on those days so not to funk up my target spots, but you can learn a ton on those days.
Old 01-03-2019, 05:57 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BuckItUp
So I just watched a video of a guy that killed a really nice 8-point today in the swamp. His YouTube name is "Cracker Mentality". Check it out. He has a great channel. Congrats to him, beautiful buck!
Just watched it that is a beautiful buck. Congrats to the hunter.
Old 01-04-2019, 07:04 AM
Spike

Really nice Buck, congrats to Cracker Mentality!. That's a good YouTube channel he has. Apparently knows GS pretty well.
Old 01-04-2019, 07:27 AM
Spike

He certainly does seem to have GS figured out. I believe he's quite successful with other WMAs as well. His page show videos that back that up. Good for him, just wish I had more time to do so.
Old 01-06-2019, 11:40 AM
Spike

Default I surrender

So I'm thinking about throwing in the towel at green swamp. I was set up and ready well before day light this morning, I could see a flashlight not 400 yards away that i haven't seen in the area all season. I've seen two bucks on the hoof in this spot. Both coming in around the same general area. Been hunting them since the first 9 days. So I moved my stand a bit closer so I could get a shot. Half hour after daylight wouldn't you know it, flashlight hunter got to put the hammer on him. Now I know this is public land, but man that is a HUGE downer. I climbed out and called it a day.

Last edited by BuckItUp; 01-06-2019 at 01:31 PM.
Old 01-06-2019, 04:46 PM
Spike

So I'm thinking about throwing in the towel at green swamp. I was set up and ready well before day light this morning, I could see a flashlight not 400 yards away that i haven't seen in the area all season. I've seen two bucks on the hoof in this spot. Both coming in around the same general area. Been hunting them since the first 9 days. So I moved my stand a bit closer so I could get a shot. Half hour after daylight wouldn't you know it, flashlight hunter got to put the hammer on him. Now I know this is public land, but man that is a HUGE downer. I climbed out and called it a day.
Sorry to hear man. Don't give up on it... at least you found a good area. Hopefully there's a couple more bucks nearby. I have yet to see anything. Wondering why I'm driving 90 friggin miles to go hunt there.
Old 01-09-2019, 07:25 AM
Fork Horn

Sorry bud that's the nature of the beast especially on walk-in quota WMAs in FL. I know about two bucks that have been killed this year I was chasing one of them I have three years of history with. Don't let it get you too down. It only takes a few seconds to turn your season around. GS is a very hard WMA to figure out and other then dumb luck can take several years to start consistently seeing bucks. This year especially has been weird as the bucks have not been in areas I historically seen them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.