Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Greenswamp wma hunters >

Greenswamp wma hunters

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 12-29-2018, 03:36 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by truthinthematt
True, however December ended in perfect fashion today, I went to my spot to hunt that deer I missed and a fella was already there. I went by again around 10:00am and that fella was loading my buck into his truck.
That sucks man. The joys of hunting public land.
Old 12-30-2018, 02:54 PM
Spike

Default Hot day!

Man was it hot today. I sat all day, as usual and for the first time this season i didn't see a single thing. Kind of a bummer. Checked the cameras on the way out and the activity has certainly died down a bit. There was a pretty big hog being cleaned on the way out on the 471 side. Any luck with y'all?
Old 12-31-2018, 11:29 AM
Spike

new to the forum, went out to the swamp yesterday. saw a doe, about 15 turkeys and 3 otters. Also saw some dude not wearing any orange with blue jeans shorts walking around with a shotgun at 7am i was deep in the woods too he may have been lost?? definitely looked like he had no clue what he was doing, yall be safe out there it is a circus and getting worse every year.
Old 12-31-2018, 04:39 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by mudflaps
new to the forum, went out to the swamp yesterday. saw a doe, about 15 turkeys and 3 otters. Also saw some dude not wearing any orange with blue jeans shorts walking around with a shotgun at 7am i was deep in the woods too he may have been lost?? definitely looked like he had no clue what he was doing, yall be safe out there it is a circus and getting worse every year.
Hahahaha funny you say that I had a boy with no orange scare the poop right out of himself. Walked 20 yards from my stand before I whistled at him. Not sure what he was doing, but their wasn't anything left in the woods after he bumbled and stumbled for at least 250 yards back the way he came. Told the FWC officer. He told me I should have gotten a pic of him before I whistled.
Old 01-01-2019, 11:58 AM
Spike

So I could only do a half-day sit today. It was real foggy walking in, halfway to the stand I heard a bunch of hogs blowing running and grunting very close well before shooting hours. That was it for the day, however there was a HUGE fresh scrape not 50 yards from my stand. There are also some tiny pine saplings flat rubbed down. I normally don't get to see too much of any of that because I sit from dark to dark, but they are there.
Old 01-01-2019, 12:48 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BuckItUp
So I could only do a half-day sit today. It was real foggy walking in, halfway to the stand I heard a bunch of hogs blowing running and grunting very close well before shooting hours. That was it for the day, however there was a HUGE fresh scrape not 50 yards from my stand. There are also some tiny pine saplings flat rubbed down. I normally don't get to see too much of any of that because I sit from dark to dark, but they are there.
any tips of how u sit dark to dark? Lol i can only bring myself to sit till noon at the latest. Do u bring a large pack full of water and food?
Old 01-01-2019, 02:00 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by FlaBoy18

any tips of how u sit dark to dark? Lol i can only bring myself to sit till noon at the latest. Do u bring a large pack full of water and food?
Honestly it took me quite a few sits before i could do it. But believe me you would be surprised what you will see when everyone else is eating lunch in the truck. I get two 32oz Gatorades, a snickers or two and take some of the best 5 minute naps you will ever have in your life. If anyone ever says they sat all day without dozing off, i would like to hear some of thier other hunting storys because those are lies too. Just set yourself to it, as much as you will want to get down and check out that better looking treeline 200yrds away, don't! Just hang in there. I have found that days I can only hunt till around noon during season, have been my best days to see what is really going on in the area. Half days are better than nothing, sure beats sitting on the couch. Keep to it man, make it thunder out there! Good luck
Old 01-01-2019, 05:54 PM
Fork Horn

Honestly it took me quite a few sits before i could do it. But believe me you would be surprised what you will see when everyone else is eating lunch in the truck. I get two 32oz Gatorades, a snickers or two and take some of the best 5 minute naps you will ever have in your life. If anyone ever says they sat all day without dozing off, i would like to hear some of thier other hunting storys because those are lies too. Just set yourself to it, as much as you will want to get down and check out that better looking treeline 200yrds away, don't! Just hang in there. I have found that days I can only hunt till around noon during season, have been my best days to see what is really going on in the area. Half days are better than nothing, sure beats sitting on the couch. Keep to it man, make it thunder out there! Good luck
amen man ive always heard from guys that sit all day that sum of there best bucks were shot mid-day. Ive even met sum guys on public that get to there stands purposely at 10 am and sit till dark.
Old 01-02-2019, 07:36 AM
Spike

Yea there's no doubt that anytime spent in stand is the best chance you have at knocking one down. Be it mid day to dark, morning to noon or all day. Bringing home back strap is awesome but just being out there is pure therapy for me.
Old 01-02-2019, 07:53 AM
Spike

Yea there's no doubt that anytime spent in stand is the best chance you have at knocking one down. Be it mid day to dark, morning to noon or all day. Bringing home back strap is awesome but just being out there is pure therapy for me.
Exactly. Just seeing the woods come to life in the morning is cool. A little venison is a great bonus.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.