Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Greenswamp wma hunters >

Greenswamp wma hunters

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 12-27-2018, 02:58 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Tufrthnails
Clear your PMs i'll send you a little info.
that would be great! Will do
Old 12-28-2018, 06:43 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by truthinthematt
it was 11 yesterday
Thank you. Hoping we get some cooler weather soon. Will the 80 degree stuff keep the deer from moving around much now evn though the rut is started?
Old 12-28-2018, 09:27 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by David2018
Thank you. Hoping we get some cooler weather soon. Will the 80 degree stuff keep the deer from moving around much now evn though the rut is started?
in my experience, it dont matter. If the does are in heat the bucks will be chasin no matter what. Rain or shine. The only buck i killed this year was on one of the warmest days of November and he was ruttin hard.
Old 12-28-2018, 02:17 PM
Fork Horn

Was out today midday before work. They were still moving. Board on rockridge has 8 bucks on it. It is wet, wet, wet and my snakeboots decided they wanted to act like reverse gortex and let water in but not back out. Guess I'm gonna be looking for a new set pretty soon.
Old 12-28-2018, 03:04 PM
Spike

Was out today midday before work. They were still moving. Board on rockridge has 8 bucks on it. It is wet, wet, wet and my snakeboots decided they wanted to act like reverse gortex and let water in but not back out. Guess I'm gonna be looking for a new set pretty soon.
been there, I was wearing mucks last weekend and the water in the cypress was so high it went over my boots, that was the day for me.
Old 12-28-2018, 03:18 PM
Spike

well hopefully my luck will change tomorrow, most unluckiest month of hunting I have had in my life.
missed a buck in Ocala, buck was standing 50 yards away and I knocked my rifle over off a tree.
missed a buck in green swamp 2 weeks ago, it was raining had my rifle under a poncho and when bringing my rifle up the buck heard the poncho.
missed a hog last Saturday , had my eye on the hog , lifted my rifle but my scope was on 16x and lost the hog in my scope.
Missed another buck last Tuesday at green swamp, lifted my rifle put my scope right on the bullseye from 20-25 yards but shot over him, my rear scope ring wasn't mounted.
you what they say, if I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all. I will be hunting with my .308 scout tomorrow, yay iron sights.
Old 12-28-2018, 04:20 PM
Fork Horn

well hopefully my luck will change tomorrow, most unluckiest month of hunting I have had in my life.
missed a buck in Ocala, buck was standing 50 yards away and I knocked my rifle over off a tree.
missed a buck in green swamp 2 weeks ago, it was raining had my rifle under a poncho and when bringing my rifle up the buck heard the poncho.
missed a hog last Saturday , had my eye on the hog , lifted my rifle but my scope was on 16x and lost the hog in my scope.
Missed another buck last Tuesday at green swamp, lifted my rifle put my scope right on the bullseye from 20-25 yards but shot over him, my rear scope ring wasn't mounted.
you what they say, if I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all. I will be hunting with my .308 scout tomorrow, yay iron sights.
That's a rough month. I've been there plenty of times. At least you've had opportunties I've had seasons where if it weren't for does with my bow I'd have no meat.
Old 12-29-2018, 01:39 PM
Spike

That's a rough month. I've been there plenty of times. At least you've had opportunties I've had seasons where if it weren't for does with my bow I'd have no meat.
True, however December ended in perfect fashion today, I went to my spot to hunt that deer I missed and a fella was already there. I went by again around 10:00am and that fella was loading my buck into his truck.
Old 12-29-2018, 02:04 PM
Spike

True, however December ended in perfect fashion today, I went to my spot to hunt that deer I missed and a fella was already there. I went by again around 10:00am and that fella was loading my buck into his truck.
Man that had to hurt bad! Did you guys talk any? I'll be out tomorrow, hoping the one I keep seeing will step on in a bit closer.

Last edited by BuckItUp; 12-29-2018 at 02:34 PM.
Old 12-29-2018, 02:52 PM
Fork Horn

gosh that stinks. Your season reminds me of my 2016 season, that year I missed 5 bucks. It tested me in every way, but i hung in there and ended up killin 2 bucks on wma. So hang in there man!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.