Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Greenswamp wma hunters >

Greenswamp wma hunters

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 12-24-2018, 04:38 PM
Spike

Default Merry christmas

To all the forum members and family, I want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a successful, safe and happy rest of the season!
Old 12-25-2018, 03:38 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BuckItUp
To all the forum members and family, I want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a successful, safe and happy rest of the season!
merry christmas
Old 12-25-2018, 06:09 PM
Spike

Default Christmas update

Board update, a nice pig was taken today, tipping the scales at 7 pounds this will be one Christmas that guy won't forget.
Pretty good day out at the swamp today, saw a nice doe in the morning, while eating lunch on the back of my a truck another doe walked by, peed at a tree and continued on, then finally at about 2:30 should of shot a 6 point. yup should... I was walking a trail and when I came around a curve there he was, got my rifle up, scope on the mark and bang, but no dropped deer, no blood, no hair. no deer. talk about the worse luck, as it would turn out when looking over my rifle my rear scope ring was not mounted resulting in shooting high. sickening.
Old 12-25-2018, 06:41 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by truthinthematt
Board update, a nice pig was taken today, tipping the scales at 7 pounds this will be one Christmas that guy won't forget.
Pretty good day out at the swamp today, saw a nice doe in the morning, while eating lunch on the back of my a truck another doe walked by, peed at a tree and continued on, then finally at about 2:30 should of shot a 6 point. yup should... I was walking a trail and when I came around a curve there he was, got my rifle up, scope on the mark and bang, but no dropped deer, no blood, no hair. no deer. talk about the worse luck, as it would turn out when looking over my rifle my rear scope ring was not mounted resulting in shooting high. sickening.
That sucks man. I run DNZ Game reaper mounts on all of my hunting rigs. One piece CNC machined. Run on everything from my son's .243 to a 7mmRUM to my .50 smokepoles. never had a scope come loose since I made the change.
Old 12-26-2018, 05:04 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Tufrthnails
That sucks man. I run DNZ Game reaper mounts on all of my hunting rigs. One piece CNC machined. Run on everything from my son's .243 to a 7mmRUM to my .50 smokepoles. never had a scope come loose since I made the change.
i would say this may had been operator error, I run a Ruger hawkeye ftw 6.5 creedmoor, the mounts are milled. I guess i never got the rings completely secured after i cleaned it after all that rain we had a couple of weekends ago. Nevertheless this one will eat at me for the rest of the week. I did put a picatinny rail on a savage 110 i have and ill say i dont hate it. I know ruger makes a picatiinny style that is milled to the 77 rings but like i said ill chalk this up as an operator error. not my first deer i missed and probably wont be my last but it was my first at 20-25 yards with the scope on the bullseye.
Old 12-26-2018, 05:42 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by truthinthematt
sorry to hear that. Weve all missed, better to clean miss than to wound and never find. Atleast u know ur in a good area. Sounds like the deer are movin late morning
Old 12-26-2018, 10:28 AM
Spike

There is water all over the place out there. Yes the deer are moving later in the morning. Another deer was taken out of rockridge 6 pt 150 lbs. today.

It does not make it easy to find a spot when all there is is water even when you think you found a spot that should be dry, there is water. It makes it much harder to walk.
Old 12-26-2018, 10:33 AM
Spike

Does anyone know what the count out of 471 is?
Old 12-26-2018, 12:09 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by David2018
Does anyone know what the count out of 471 is?
it was 11 yesterday
Old 12-26-2018, 12:12 PM
Spike

Default wet boots

Originally Posted by GotLucky
There is water all over the place out there. Yes the deer are moving later in the morning. Another deer was taken out of rockridge 6 pt 150 lbs. today.

It does not make it easy to find a spot when all there is is water even when you think you found a spot that should be dry, there is water. It makes it much harder to walk.
yup, be prepared to get those boots wet. Hey, would you be disappointed if a placed named swamp wasnt a swamp.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.