Greenswamp wma hunters >

Greenswamp wma hunters

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 12-16-2018, 03:08 PM
Spike

Default Nothing

I went out to GS today and checked both stations. The guys there said nobody has seen anything. No changes in the kill numbers. I drove every road out there today and saw nothing. Not a squirrel or possum or coon or anything. Disappointing for sure. I’ll be out there this week.
Old 12-16-2018, 03:35 PM
Spike

I had a pile of turkeys and a solo hog come thru this afternoon, no deer. Checked one of my cameras on the way out. 3 different bucks a few does and a Wiley coyote. Short fat boned spike, a 5 point and maybe a 6. All coming by between 2am - 5am. Definitely some around just not during shooting hours. It drives me crazy how impatient some hunters are. It seems like if nothing comes thru by 9am it turns into a competition to see who can unload the most rounds the quickest. Some sounded awful close. It gets depressing when you have 50-75 miles on the ole huffy 10-speed scouting before season and countless miles on boot walking around for the perfect set up. All to have your area hard pressed by the stinky careless hunters and the smell of gun powder. All in all a good day in the swamp.
Old 12-16-2018, 04:04 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Hoghunter82
I went out to GS today and checked both stations. The guys there said nobody has seen anything. No changes in the kill numbers. I drove every road out there today and saw nothing. Not a squirrel or possum or coon or anything. Disappointing for sure. I’ll be out there this week.
Yeah, there are those days where they just aren't moving. I will tell you though you will see 100 times more animals sitting on stand all day than you ever will driving around, especially on the weekends. Not that cruising at slow speed will never give you a shot, but whats the fun in that. Walk the fire lines a bit and you will up your odds. Set up away from from any kind of road and find a good transition area or funnel with any kind of good tracks. Get in early and sit all day if you can. Believe me you will start seeing movement. Always be ready because when you are most relaxed and out of position is when the seem to come in.
Old 12-16-2018, 06:03 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by BuckItUp
Yeah, there are those days where they just aren't moving. I will tell you though you will see 100 times more animals sitting on stand all day than you ever will driving around, especially on the weekends. Not that cruising at slow speed will never give you a shot, but whats the fun in that. Walk the fire lines a bit and you will up your odds. Set up away from from any kind of road and find a good transition area or funnel with any kind of good tracks. Get in early and sit all day if you can. Believe me you will start seeing movement. Always be ready because when you are most relaxed and out of position is when the seem to come in.
Thanks- today I just used as a ‘get to know the lay of the land’ day. Monday will be a boots on the ground day. If I can find a good spot to hang a stand I’ll do that Tuesday.
Old 12-17-2018, 01:20 PM
Fork Horn

Have yall seen any scrapes yet this season or is it still dormant?
Old 12-17-2018, 01:44 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by FlaBoy18
I haven't seen anything fresh yet. No scrapes, no rubs, but it should be heating up soon.
Old 12-20-2018, 05:12 AM
Spike

Its going to be a good cold weekend to sit, if you can stay dry getting into the stand. Anyone headed out this weekend?
Old 12-23-2018, 09:15 AM
Spike

Default I was out yesterday

Originally Posted by FlaBoy18
I was out yesterday and a couple of guys were hanging a buck when I rolled in, they are starting to stink, the fella who is normally at the check in told me the bucks are chasing does now. I took a little bit of a stroll in park and about 2 or 3 miles in I did see a couple bucks chasing does but still far and between. Don't expect not to get your boots wet. on a side note I found a hog den yesterday, talk about almost crapping my pants. the pack left 1 hog behind, It got with in 10 yards of me but when I lifted my rifle my scope was on 16x and I lost it my sight, all that went through my mind was dang if I had my scout .308 or ar. the activity is picking up. hopefully we go a few weeks with out rain, those cypress patches are deep. But hey I didn't shoot one cotton mouth yesterday.
Old 12-23-2018, 03:33 PM
Spike

Yes they are chasing for sure. This morning on the way into the stand the water found its way in to the boots. I had an extra pair of socks at the ready, but my long johns were like a wick, just soaking it up. I couldn't take it anymore, just too cold. Went to the house and duck taped my frog toggs to my boots. Worked like a charm. Got back in stand around 1:30 and as soon as i could get settled in, a doe came crashing thru running scared. She kept looking behind her as did I, but he never came out. Oh on the way out to get redressed I saw a man with a huge buck, 163lbs 8 point. Then a 130ld black and white hog at the check station. One month left! I just have to knock one down.
Old 12-24-2018, 05:38 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BuckItUp
Yes they are chasing for sure. This morning on the way into the stand the water found its way in to the boots. I had an extra pair of socks at the ready, but my long johns were like a wick, just soaking it up. I couldn't take it anymore, just too cold. Went to the house and duck taped my frog toggs to my boots. Worked like a charm. Got back in stand around 1:30 and as soon as i could get settled in, a doe came crashing thru running scared. She kept looking behind her as did I, but he never came out. Oh on the way out to get redressed I saw a man with a huge buck, 163lbs 8 point. Then a 130ld black and white hog at the check station. One month left! I just have to knock one down.
man thatll get ur heart racing when that doe comes crashing thru!! That’s a big bodied buck. Ive still never killed a buck over 130 lbs, couldn’t imagine 165 lbs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.