Greenswamp wma hunters

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 12-10-2018, 04:32 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Hoghunter82

That’s a darn nice buck!
Sure as heck is. I promise I never seen it in my crosshairs! But that is why I try to get out there in early Dec some of the big boys are still walking around in day light.
Old 12-10-2018, 04:40 PM
Spike

Man i just had a long post, hit the arrow then it all went away. Oh well. Glad to hear someone knocked on down.
Old 12-10-2018, 04:41 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Tufrthnails
Sure as heck is. I promise I never seen it in my crosshairs! But that is why I try to get out there in early Dec some of the big boys are still walking around in day light.
Would you mind looking at my post above on a few questions and helping me out? Planning to be there next week. Also- I live exactly the same miles away from both the 471 & RockRidge entrances. Is one preferred over the other? Thanks again!
Old 12-10-2018, 05:01 PM
Fork Horn

Would you mind looking at my post above on a few questions and helping me out? Planning to be there next week. Also- I live exactly the same miles away from both the 471 & RockRidge entrances. Is one preferred over the other? Thanks again!
Can't help with the processing part I process all my own game. Cell service is spotty at best. I have verizon and lose signal a little north of Main grade, but pick it back up here and there. I run the ONX hunting app. You can download a map of the area you want to hunt and put your phone in airplane mode to save the battery. Works pretty much like google maps, but it is $30 for the state a year. I hunt FL, GA, and KY so I pay for the full country $99 a year. No matter what I never leave the truck with out a compass in my pack. I also have a Garmin 62stc that I used for several years, but the phone app is a lot more sensitive to movement and I don't spend nearly as much time travelling in the wrong direction because the GPS hasn't caught up. Before that I used a Garmin Etrek from many, many years and it worked just fine. Just make sure to drop a lot of waypoints if your working through areas you have to hit a certain spot. There are a ton of hogs running around out there right now more then I have seen in many years.
Old 12-10-2018, 05:11 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Tufrthnails
Can't help with the processing part I process all my own game. Cell service is spotty at best. I have verizon and lose signal a little north of Main grade, but pick it back up here and there. I run the ONX hunting app. You can download a map of the area you want to hunt and put your phone in airplane mode to save the battery. Works pretty much like google maps, but it is $30 for the state a year. I hunt FL, GA, and KY so I pay for the full country $99 a year. No matter what I never leave the truck with out a compass in my pack. I also have a Garmin 62stc that I used for several years, but the phone app is a lot more sensitive to movement and I don't spend nearly as much time travelling in the wrong direction because the GPS hasn't caught up. Before that I used a Garmin Etrek from many, many years and it worked just fine. Just make sure to drop a lot of waypoints if your working through areas you have to hit a certain spot. There are a ton of hogs running around out there right now more then I have seen in many years.
Thank you! I’ll likely pick up that entry level Garmin Etrek. It should do the job. I don’t want to rely on cell service. I’ll check out that app as well. Any thought on the 471 vs RockRidge entrances? I really appreciate your feedback. I’m hoping to get at least three days of spot & stalk in next week. Or get in my climber with the rifle or bow. I don’t have any real expectations since it’s my first visit but looking forward to just getting outdoors again.
Old 12-10-2018, 05:28 PM
Fork Horn

Thank you! I’ll likely pick up that entry level Garmin Etrek. It should do the job. I don’t want to rely on cell service. I’ll check out that app as well. Any thought on the 471 vs RockRidge entrances? I really appreciate your feedback. I’m hoping to get at least three days of spot & stalk in next week. Or get in my climber with the rifle or bow. I don’t have any real expectations since it’s my first visit but looking forward to just getting outdoors again.
PM sent...........
Old 12-10-2018, 05:48 PM
Spike

HogHunter. Nails nailed it! Just don't go without a compass. As for which gate, the gate that is closest to your spot. Hunt hard, be careful and keep your eyes open.
Old 12-14-2018, 05:02 AM
Fork Horn

Anyone been out? Earliest I will back out is next wednesday.
Old 12-14-2018, 09:45 AM
Spike

I haven't. Planning on Tuesday or Wednesday myself.
Old 12-15-2018, 03:40 PM
Spike

I'll be there bright and early tomorrow morning. Hopefully to raise the count. Anyone been seein any movin?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.