Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Greenswamp wma hunters >

Greenswamp wma hunters

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 11-20-2017, 05:36 PM
Spike

You will get in if you show up any time. Never seen it full. If I were you I would go on the FWC site and apply for the first 9 day permit. They get returned all the time and you will get one if you apply. Just be ready for a shock. Green Swamp is one of the hardest places to hunt. Think of the hardest places to hunt in Wisconsin and it's tougher. Some really nice Florida bucks there. You'll find sign but they are smart deer.
Old 11-28-2017, 07:50 PM
Fork Horn

Stopped in 471 check station Saturday morning and only 3 deer killed so far. Haven't been by the rockridge station.
Old 11-30-2017, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Flaboy18, Your mailbox is full.
Old 11-30-2017, 05:18 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by RPD63
Flaboy18, Your mailbox is full.
Deleted sum hope it works now. Sorry ray
Old 12-03-2017, 02:47 PM
Spike

How'd everyone do in the swamp any luck
Old 12-11-2017, 08:51 PM
Fork Horn

Hunted this morning. 9 does 0 bucks sighted! Other then 2 does that can through while I was trying to hang my LW the rest of them filtered out from the same bedding area from 8:15 am to 9:30 am. Sat till 11 am.

Side note some of you guys drag ladder stand a long dang ways!!!!
Old 12-15-2017, 01:40 PM
Spike

Nice bucks, Congrat's
I know it wasn't GS but I've seen bucks like that in GS and I'll be in pursuit in early Jan...Bucks and Hogs, wish me luck.
Old 12-30-2017, 05:15 PM
Spike

Default my mojo is off

it would seem that all the deer are just hanging out deep in river side, and hogs for that matter, I've seen 1 buck this season in the swamp and i was on foot in the deep stuff, couldnt get a shot off, as of this evening the boards show 22 shot and that includes 2 today. it would seem everyone has migrated to the river side, twice this season I've been hunting a plot and some would would roll up on me, really? sometimes 50K acres isn't enough. I did shoot a cottonmouth today, maybe that counts for something. o well, back to it on monday.
Old 01-01-2018, 05:09 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by truthinthematt
it would seem that all the deer are just hanging out deep in river side, and hogs for that matter, I've seen 1 buck this season in the swamp and i was on foot in the deep stuff, couldnt get a shot off, as of this evening the boards show 22 shot and that includes 2 today. it would seem everyone has migrated to the river side, twice this season I've been hunting a plot and some would would roll up on me, really? sometimes 50K acres isn't enough. I did shoot a cottonmouth today, maybe that counts for something. o well, back to it on monday.
Thanks for the report. Keep on em. Seems like most of the deer killed in the swamp is later in the season. Shud be movin this week with this front
Old 01-03-2018, 09:22 AM
Spike

Hi everyone, new to the forum here. This thread has a wealth of knowledge and I've enjoyed reading all the posts. I have never hunted GS but plan on making a trip there this weekend. Do you guys recommend the Rock Ridge entrance or the 471 entrance? I've hunted turkey down in the Everglades but I have never been to GS. Any other tips you think would be beneficial are appreciated. Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.