Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Greenswamp wma hunters >

Greenswamp wma hunters

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 10-08-2017, 05:27 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by FlaBoy18
Nice congrats joey. Croom muzzle or gun?
Croom muzzle
Old 10-08-2017, 05:28 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by midsouth_hunter
Hey Woods, How do you get drawn for so many permits? Archery, Gun and Muzzleloader? Can you ever get leftover permits? I have applied for leftover and never get them, they use to be first come but no longer
get lucky on some, go as guest and redraws as well
Old 10-08-2017, 05:36 PM
Fork Horn

Been a while since I have been on...Welcome to the new folks on the forum. Was on the gsw hog hunt this past weekend with no luck, didnt hunt as much as we woulda liked due to the heat. I was told gs roads are still mostly closed, I imagine some of the GS roads will be regraded prior to archery. Goin into the 3rd year of antler regs, oughta be some good bucks for the takin out there. Ready for archery!
Old 10-15-2017, 11:26 AM
Fork Horn

Anybody been out in the swamp to see how wet it is? Bow opener is right around the corner.
Old 11-04-2017, 06:20 AM
Spike

Default Late post!

I was out in the swamp last saturday and sunday for the first weekend of archery. Some areas were very wet, others were not bad. Checked out a few of the spots i hunted last year, not much sign and nothing moving. When i left early afternoon on sunday nothing had come out of either gate. Couldn't make it out this weekend, but good luck to you all!
Old 11-04-2017, 11:00 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by SwampMoss
I was out in the swamp last saturday and sunday for the first weekend of archery. Some areas were very wet, others were not bad. Checked out a few of the spots i hunted last year, not much sign and nothing moving. When i left early afternoon on sunday nothing had come out of either gate. Couldn't make it out this weekend, but good luck to you all!
Thanks for the report
Old 11-06-2017, 04:39 PM
Spike

Default Smoked this guy

So it's not GS but it's FL public land. Went on a muzzle loader quota hunt and shot my biggest buck ever. I went way in and I shot him midday. Very next week on another quota shot another stud with a muzzle loader. The buck came in chasing a doe. At one point a few years ago I thought I was a good hunter until I went almost 2 years without shooting any deer. These are my 2 biggest bucks and on back to back weekends. On public land you can do it all correct and not get a thing. If you are doubting yourself because you feel like you do it right but get blanked, keep going. It will happen. Big one was 129" 124" after deductions. The 10 point was 107" after deductions. Both were 4.5 years old.
Attached Thumbnails Greenswamp wma hunters-20171104_075408.jpg  
Old 11-06-2017, 11:02 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Luv2KilFish
So it's not GS but it's FL public land. Went on a muzzle loader quota hunt and shot my biggest buck ever. I went way in and I shot him midday. Very next week on another quota shot another stud with a muzzle loader. The buck came in chasing a doe. At one point a few years ago I thought I was a good hunter until I went almost 2 years without shooting any deer. These are my 2 biggest bucks and on back to back weekends. On public land you can do it all correct and not get a thing. If you are doubting yourself because you feel like you do it right but get blanked, keep going. It will happen. Big one was 129" 124" after deductions. The 10 point was 107" after deductions. Both were 4.5 years old.
Wow! Congrats on sum florida studs
Old 11-08-2017, 10:48 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Luv2KilFish
Nice wrk, antler regs are definitely helping these deer get some age
Old 11-20-2017, 11:56 AM
Spike

Default New to Florida

Hey There! I just moved to Florida a month ago from Wisconsin and would like to try my luck at Green Swamp after the first 9 days of gun are over that is. With the First Come First Serve quota is it likely I would get access to hunt If I show up early in the morning for a permit? I know I am late to the game, but I just need to get out and do some hunting this January. Thanks for any advice you can give.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.