Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Greenswamp wma hunters >

Greenswamp wma hunters

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 01-23-2017, 04:20 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks woodsman. Think i figured it out.
Old 01-23-2017, 05:30 AM
Spike

Nice RB buck!
Old 01-23-2017, 06:33 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by FlaBoy18
Thanks woodsman. Think i figured it out.
Nice one, what did it weigh? They aged it at 3.5? Looks like it had decent mass at the bases of the antlers, thats how that 4 I shot in the swamp was right at 3 in. Bases
Old 01-23-2017, 09:38 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by I AM THE WOODS
Nice one, what did it weigh? They aged it at 3.5? Looks like it had decent mass at the bases of the antlers, thats how that 4 I shot in the swamp was right at 3 in. Bases
Ya he also had 3" bases and 13" beams. Ya they aged em at 3.5 and he was only 90 lbs. i think he had been run ragged from dogs across the street
Old 01-23-2017, 04:37 PM
Fork Horn

Good deer! Looks very similar to the one I got in croom this year. Looks like he has a growth at the base of his left antler but maybe it's just the pic.
Old 01-23-2017, 04:53 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Woodsman88
Good deer! Looks very similar to the one I got in croom this year. Looks like he has a growth at the base of his left antler but maybe it's just the pic.
Thanks woodsman. Ya he has a 3rd pt but the angle of his head kind of conceals it in the pic
Old 01-23-2017, 08:01 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by FlaBoy18
Ya he also had 3" bases and 13" beams. Ya they aged em at 3.5 and he was only 90 lbs. i think he had been run ragged from dogs across the street
Heck yea,good job, Thats wild, how some deer age and barely put on any weight and grow scrub racks, while others living in the same home range can be great bucks, I've heard that happens sometimes from deer inbreeding...
Old 01-24-2017, 04:11 AM
Fork Horn

Heck yea,good job, Thats wild, how some deer age and barely put on any weight and grow scrub racks, while others living in the same home range can be great bucks, I've heard that happens sometimes from deer inbreeding...
Ya genetics plays a huge role!
Old 01-24-2017, 07:07 PM
Fork Horn

As close as it is to richloam that buck could have been shot at and hit before or hit by a motor vehicle or something else to have caused the poor rack. Lots of variables. In my opinion a 3.5 yr old with that weight and rack had to of had some kind of traumatic injury.
Old 01-26-2017, 10:05 AM
Spike

Hey guys, I figured I stop by and introduce myself. I don't hunt Green Swamp, but I do hunt Tide Swamp up in coastal NW Florida. The reason I joined is that this is one of the rare forums where everyone is helping try to achieve a common goal which is getting close to a Green swamp buck. I've probably gone through every post a couple of times in the last 2 years and I was really impressed by the genuine concern you guys have helping each other out. Very rare !! I've got a lot of experience under my belt, but am always looking to add to what I have. Been a public land hunter for a long time and personally think the feeling of accomplishment when it finally happens is incredible, second to none. I'm not much of a talker, but if you don't mind I'd like to tag along and listen to the conversations, cause based on what I've read, neither one of the places we hunt is easy !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.