Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Greenswamp wma hunters >

Greenswamp wma hunters

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 01-14-2017, 04:28 PM
Fork Horn

Well boys I struck again but this time it was a mature buck. 140lb 6pt that was a 7 but broke an eyeguard earlier this season.
Old 01-14-2017, 04:33 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Woodsman88
Well boys I struck again but this time it was a mature buck. 140lb 6pt that was a 7 but broke an eyeguard earlier this season.
Wayy to go man!!! Thats a big bodied deer!! Tell us the story! U neck shoot him?
Old 01-14-2017, 05:51 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by FlaBoy18
Wayy to go man!!! Thats a big bodied deer!! Tell us the story! U neck shoot him?
It had rained last night so this morning everything was wet and water was noisy dropping off the trees. At about 630-645 I heard some faint sounds of brush moving but I didn't give it much thought since hogs are abundant in my spot. Then legal shooting hours started at 6:51 and a couple minutes later I heard a twig snap over my right shoulder in this little strand of cypress. I kept looking but never saw anything. Then I caught movement out of the corner of my eye and there's a deer standing 25 yards from me to my right (I'm right handed btw). The fog was so thick that I couldn't tell it was a buck even that close. Finally he moved just right I caught a glimpse of antler but thought he was pretty small. He then turned and started walking out in front of me and when he turned so did I do that I could get a look through the scope. But with all the fog all I could see was he had atleast one point on each beam and he looked atleast 10" because the beams hooked outward (he never looked right at me). I decided I would take him and I shot a few ribs back as he was walking 30 yards from me and it exited in front of his right shoulder. He piled up 50yards away out of sight. I hunted another hour since it was early and finally decided it was time to get a look at him. He was laying in some palmettos and all I could see was a big main beam with points and was in shock. Definitely didn't expect him to be as big as he was but I was definitely blessed.
Old 01-15-2017, 03:16 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Woodsman88
It had rained last night so this morning everything was wet and water was noisy dropping off the trees. At about 630-645 I heard some faint sounds of brush moving but I didn't give it much thought since hogs are abundant in my spot. Then legal shooting hours started at 6:51 and a couple minutes later I heard a twig snap over my right shoulder in this little strand of cypress. I kept looking but never saw anything. Then I caught movement out of the corner of my eye and there's a deer standing 25 yards from me to my right (I'm right handed btw). The fog was so thick that I couldn't tell it was a buck even that close. Finally he moved just right I caught a glimpse of antler but thought he was pretty small. He then turned and started walking out in front of me and when he turned so did I do that I could get a look through the scope. But with all the fog all I could see was he had atleast one point on each beam and he looked atleast 10" because the beams hooked outward (he never looked right at me). I decided I would take him and I shot a few ribs back as he was walking 30 yards from me and it exited in front of his right shoulder. He piled up 50yards away out of sight. I hunted another hour since it was early and finally decided it was time to get a look at him. He was laying in some palmettos and all I could see was a big main beam with points and was in shock. Definitely didn't expect him to be as big as he was but I was definitely blessed.
Great story and congrats again! Seems them wiley bucks always show up on ur opposite shootin hand.
Old 01-15-2017, 04:18 PM
Fork Horn

Got this decent 4 pt. Saturday 125 lbs.
Old 01-15-2017, 04:21 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats again woodsman, thought i recognized ya from somewhere lol
Old 01-15-2017, 04:24 PM
Fork Horn

Haha thanks man we talked one time in gs where you killed this buck a few years ago. Did you get drawn for any gsw hunts this year?
Old 01-15-2017, 05:19 PM
Fork Horn

Yea i remember that, ya had a jeep right?...yea got 2 of em
Old 01-15-2017, 05:25 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by I AM THE WOODS
Got this decent 4 pt. Saturday 125 lbs.
Congrats joey. Good sized 4 pt
Old 01-15-2017, 07:45 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by I AM THE WOODS
Yea i remember that, ya had a jeep right?...yea got 2 of em
Yep! Man I don't know how ya do it lol. I'd like to get just one a year but heck I can't even do that. I'd like to get back in there next year. Guess I'm gonna have to dump a little money in the drawing this time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.