Greenswamp wma hunters >

Greenswamp wma hunters

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 11-01-2016, 04:37 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by I AM THE WOODS
Nice...yea theres some good ones in there
Yea there is man, its so thick in them swamps that alot of em can elude ppl and have a chance to get big.
Old 11-01-2016, 11:36 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by FlaBoy18
Yea there is man, its so thick in them swamps that alot of em can elude ppl and have a chance to get big.
Yup most of the better bucks like the thicker swamp areas, hopefully I can get back in there eventually
Old 11-01-2016, 12:48 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by I AM THE WOODS
Yup most of the better bucks like the thicker swamp areas, hopefully I can get back in there eventually
Ya man I saw sum racks but too far away for a muzzle and others were too small to shoot or borderline. I have a hard time figuring out how big 10" main beams are at first light when all u get is a split second glimpse of a buck.
Old 11-01-2016, 04:07 PM
Spike

Went out Friday scouting some and checked out a new area. Found two stands right off of the main road that made me giggle since you could see them from the road. Spooked one good sized deer on the trail I was working around 1:00pm so hung a camera and will check it later. Went out Saturday morning at 5:30am until around noon at a different location. Didn't see anything there. Hoping to get out Sunday evening or maybe Friday. We shall see.
Old 11-01-2016, 08:24 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Boosted
Went out Friday scouting some and checked out a new area. Found two stands right off of the main road that made me giggle since you could see them from the road. Spooked one good sized deer on the trail I was working around 1:00pm so hung a camera and will check it later. Went out Saturday morning at 5:30am until around noon at a different location. Didn't see anything there. Hoping to get out Sunday evening or maybe Friday. We shall see.
I saw 2 deer and pig Friday morning and I was 200 yards off a main grade. Last year my buddy killed a registry class 8pt in same spot. Everyone has the same mentality these days which is they believe to kill a deer you have to go "further than anyone else". Truth is there are a lot of people doing that now and they all pass by deer to hunt deer. Just gotta scout the woods for what they are and don't think about how far off a road you are. The deer don't use maps so the roads don't bother them. Now I'm not saying just pull up anywhere off the grade and hang a stand but I am saying there are deer and often good bucks that stay in those areas. The trick is using the other hunters to your advantage there.
Old 11-01-2016, 10:56 PM
Fork Horn

Went out to GS sunday afternoon, but it was a pretty rough hunt. Was pretty sick so there are a bunch of piles out there. Didn't make it to where I had planned on hunting due to being scared I'd have another belly gurgle in the stand. I did stalk within 45 yards of a doe, but couldn't seal the deal do to belly gurgle stopping me in my tracks.

The water level is way lower then I thought it would be. The snakes are out in full force.
Old 11-02-2016, 05:41 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Woodsman88
I saw 2 deer and pig Friday morning and I was 200 yards off a main grade. Last year my buddy killed a registry class 8pt in same spot. Everyone has the same mentality these days which is they believe to kill a deer you have to go "further than anyone else". Truth is there are a lot of people doing that now and they all pass by deer to hunt deer. Just gotta scout the woods for what they are and don't think about how far off a road you are. The deer don't use maps so the roads don't bother them. Now I'm not saying just pull up anywhere off the grade and hang a stand but I am saying there are deer and often good bucks that stay in those areas. The trick is using the other hunters to your advantage there.
Yeah I agree to that statement. I was just pointing out that this was exactly what you said. Pulled up and hung a stand right off the road haha. I got one during archery last year about 50 yards off one of the roads so I agree that they are in all places and you have to do your homework.
Old 11-02-2016, 05:42 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Tufrthnails
Went out to GS sunday afternoon, but it was a pretty rough hunt. Was pretty sick so there are a bunch of piles out there. Didn't make it to where I had planned on hunting due to being scared I'd have another belly gurgle in the stand. I did stalk within 45 yards of a doe, but couldn't seal the deal do to belly gurgle stopping me in my tracks.

The water level is way lower then I thought it would be. The snakes are out in full force.

Them belly troubles will get you every time
Old 11-07-2016, 08:59 AM
Fork Horn

Anybody get out this weekend in croom or the swamp?
Old 11-08-2016, 07:36 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by FlaBoy18
Anybody get out this weekend in croom or the swamp?
I was at Green Swamp on Saturday. First time there. Pulled out just after sunset and the board at the check station showed one hog for the day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.