Greenswamp wma hunters >

Greenswamp wma hunters

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 10-24-2016, 09:53 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Boosted
Who all is planning on being out Saturday morning?
Not certain if I will be out saturday morning, but I will be out sat evening and sunday.
Old 10-24-2016, 10:44 AM
Fork Horn

Sounds like the Croom muzzleloader hunt was real active...i plan to hunt there after the first 9 of gun season...I will be in the swamp this sat. And possibly sun., got a real active area in there...gonna try n schwack one
Old 10-24-2016, 11:08 AM
Fork Horn

Yea I had people on me. I had a guy on scout day try and put his stand up 100 yards from me and finally he left after he realized I was already set up. Then opening morning I'm walking to my stand which is already on the tree with the area marked off so someone knows I have a stand in there and I see a headlight shine at me from a tree almost exactly where the other guy tried to set up. I kept walking to my stand and he shined me again once I was in the tree so I shined him back lol. At about 9 he climbed down and left finally but the funny thing was he didn't see any of the deer I saw.
Old 10-24-2016, 11:50 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Woodsman88
Yea I had people on me. I had a guy on scout day try and put his stand up 100 yards from me and finally he left after he realized I was already set up. Then opening morning I'm walking to my stand which is already on the tree with the area marked off so someone knows I have a stand in there and I see a headlight shine at me from a tree almost exactly where the other guy tried to set up. I kept walking to my stand and he shined me again once I was in the tree so I shined him back lol. At about 9 he climbed down and left finally but the funny thing was he didn't see any of the deer I saw.
Flashlight tag in the woods sucks. I've had it happen a few times, but usually it's not intentional on either end of the deal. Sure does suck when you walk 2.5 miles in the swamp to your tree to see someone walk in behind you, but me and him are pretty good friends now and actually partner up from time to time now.
Old 10-24-2016, 06:37 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Woodsman88
That sounds like typical Croom huntin, have had stuff like that happen to me a bunch in there...the deer are able to slip around in there fairly easily without bein seen much...in my experience in there if ya see a lot comin through one area like that, the older bucks will usually cruise the outer edges of that main travel route that the does n younger bucks use, 2 of the better deer i have killed in there were this way
Old 10-25-2016, 05:40 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by I AM THE WOODS
Sounds like the Croom muzzleloader hunt was real active...i plan to hunt there after the first 9 of gun season...I will be in the swamp this sat. And possibly sun., got a real active area in there...gonna try n schwack one
Hopefully we all can knock one down this weekend then haha. I've been so busy with work and baseball tournaments with my son and a new baby boy on the way that I slacked big time on my scouting this year. Only made it out a couple of times. So hoping one of my spots isn't totally swamped with water. Hoping to get out Friday and do some looking though so I'm not surprised Saturday morning in the dark haha
Old 10-25-2016, 05:48 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Tufrthnails
Not certain if I will be out saturday morning, but I will be out sat evening and sunday.
Best of luck to ya brother
Old 10-25-2016, 05:49 AM
Spike

Any of y'all ever hunted Three Lakes or lake Marion creek?
Old 10-25-2016, 10:05 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Boosted
Any of y'all ever hunted Three Lakes or lake Marion creek?
I scouted Lake Marion Creek a couple years back. It looked promising, but I have yet to actually pull a quota for it.
Old 10-26-2016, 04:57 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Tufrthnails
I scouted Lake Marion Creek a couple years back. It looked promising, but I have yet to actually pull a quota for it.
I work over that way sometimes and just from the road it looked like it may be decent. I've also thought the same about Walk in the Water WMA.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.