Greenswamp wma hunters >

Greenswamp wma hunters

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 08-31-2016, 11:11 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Woodsman88
I drew flying eagle archery, croom muzzle and gun first 9, green swamp both weekends of gun opener, richloam gun, and 3 lakes archery opener. I'm pumped about the croom since it will be my first quota hunt in there. Managed to find a spot in the last day of the season and hunted it that afternoon and saw 14 deer in one sit. Went there the other day to scout and deer are still there and found a scrape in there that has been worked hard. Richloam scouting has been tough with lots of does so far. Flying eagle I haven't checked cams yet but will check them this weekend. I will be in the swamp a few weeks down the line since it opens up later and I'm busy with other hunts which is definitely a good problem to have.
Those Croom hunts oughta be purty decent this year bein that a lotta smaller bucks got passed up last year,and theres always a few good ones in there...I drew some good hunts, pry wont be able to make em all though...gettin good bucks on cams over the past few weeks...will just have to see how it plays out
Old 08-31-2016, 05:52 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by I AM THE WOODS
Those Croom hunts oughta be purty decent this year bein that a lotta smaller bucks got passed up last year,and theres always a few good ones in there...I drew some good hunts, pry wont be able to make em all though...gettin good bucks on cams over the past few weeks...will just have to see how it plays out
It should be good. I'm going to check my camera tomorrow so hopefully it's full of buck pictures. Hopefully this rain will ease up a little so I can do some more scouting and setting up cameras. I'm curious to see if the numbers in GS are any better than last year after people passed up some of the younger bucks. Last few years the numbers are just not very good.
Old 09-01-2016, 12:24 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Woodsman88
It should be good. I'm going to check my camera tomorrow so hopefully it's full of buck pictures. Hopefully this rain will ease up a little so I can do some more scouting and setting up cameras. I'm curious to see if the numbers in GS are any better than last year after people passed up some of the younger bucks. Last few years the numbers are just not very good.
Yea I wanted a Croom hunt this year, I was covered in small bucks last year in there...know they will be good this year...Yea I think GS deer numbers oughta be up this year...last year numbers were neck in neck with the year before,and seein it was the first year with antler regs I think that was a purty good sign that GS could be in for a rebound year.
Old 09-08-2016, 06:38 PM
Spike

Hey I was just looking over the WMA brochure and noticed something. I thought ya'll said that you couldn't hunt does. This is what I'm seeing in the brochure:

Legal to Hunt - Deer with at least 1 antler having 3 or more points (each point 1-inch or more in length) OR a main beam length of 10 inches or more, antlerless deer (which includes does and bucks with antlers less than 5 inches in length, but not spotted fawn)

Can anyone clear that up for me?
Old 09-08-2016, 06:42 PM
Fork Horn

Yes during archery you can hunt does in GS.

Next door in Richloam WMA you cannot.
Old 09-08-2016, 07:07 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Tufrthnails
Yes during archery you can hunt does in GS.

Next door in Richloam WMA you cannot.
Copy that. Thanks.
Old 09-13-2016, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator

Ya'll know allot about Florida hunting... Hopefully I can find some info here.... So I ended up with a free week at the end of Jan... It'll either be the week starting Jan 23 or the week starting Jan 30... Looking on the FWC page I see I can still hunt deer in Zone B and D during that time.... I've done a decent amount of reading but would like to hear some personal experience.... Any suggestions? I've looked and read online about the Appalchicola WMA. Looks big, plenty of land, and season is still open there.... Am I wasting my time or can this be done? I'd probably try to drive down, hunt 3 or 4 days then head back North. I'm not looking for big bucks, would just like to be into some deer. All advice is appreciated!
-Jake
Old 10-08-2016, 04:54 PM
Fork Horn

Went to the swamp today to do some scoutin for archery, its REAL wet out there...hopefully it will dry out some before archery
Old 10-10-2016, 04:24 AM
Spike

Anybody heading out there to do any scouting in the next couple of weeks before archery starts? Wondering what the water situation looks like. I've been so busy that I completely missed the hog dog weekends and didn't get to drive out there so kinda bummed about that. Can't wait till the gate is open again. My butt and bike will thank me I'm sure.
Old 10-10-2016, 03:57 PM
Fork Horn

Wet wet wet. I haven't been out there because I live 8 min away and I am wet on my property. I drove through Richloam and it is floating

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.