Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Greenswamp wma hunters >

Greenswamp wma hunters

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 02-13-2016, 04:35 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Chuck7
I have 2 Summits that fold flat on the back...very nice and easy to set up.
Nice...I'm assuming older model ones?...I think they made a couple previous models with that concept...these new ones look really nice pry fold up down to about 6 inches and weigh like only 15 or 18 lbs.
Old 02-14-2016, 02:56 PM
Spike

I moved down to florida and one of the first things I said was "Florida doesn't have big bucks." I'm eating my words! Three bucks, each bigger than the last, congrats woods.

As for the summits, I've only heard good things. Light, durable (besides the paint) and easy to pack up. Someone's selling a viper SD on amazon for 209. No one was selling it for under 270 before the season ended. I may just hold off and see if prices keep dropping now that the season's over in most parts of the country.
Old 02-14-2016, 03:02 PM
Spike

Great looking deer woods...
Had a 6 (almost a 7) pointer on cam on our private land in polk city recently. been hanging around with a four point and a couple of does. Well went out to check some cams and was walking a trail I saw and over the hill I saw something laying in the water that looked like rib bones. Got closer and sure as hell was the deer I saw on the cams rotted and almost picked clean. Not sure what happened but really a bummer. I was looking forward to seeing what he would turn to next season.
Old 02-14-2016, 03:26 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by NY2FL
I moved down to florida and one of the first things I said was "Florida doesn't have big bucks." I'm eating my words! Three bucks, each bigger than the last, congrats woods.

As for the summits, I've only heard good things. Light, durable (besides the paint) and easy to pack up. Someone's selling a viper SD on amazon for 209. No one was selling it for under 270 before the season ended. I may just hold off and see if prices keep dropping now that the season's over in most parts of the country.
Yea that is a VERY common misconception that FL. Does not have big bucks...yup thanks...yea Summits are the best in my opinion
Old 02-14-2016, 03:27 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Boosted
Great looking deer woods...
Had a 6 (almost a 7) pointer on cam on our private land in polk city recently. been hanging around with a four point and a couple of does. Well went out to check some cams and was walking a trail I saw and over the hill I saw something laying in the water that looked like rib bones. Got closer and sure as hell was the deer I saw on the cams rotted and almost picked clean. Not sure what happened but really a bummer. I was looking forward to seeing what he would turn to next season.
Thanks...o wow that ain't no good
Old 02-14-2016, 10:01 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats on the deer woods! I saw it after the first day and think that's the biggest one. Did you ever make it back out for any hogs?
Old 02-15-2016, 04:10 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Woodsman88
Congrats on the deer woods! I saw it after the first day and think that's the biggest one. Did you ever make it back out for any hogs?
Thanks man...yea when I had checked it out the biologist was sayin he thought it was about the best one of the season outta there...I was thinkin on gettin back after some hogs but figured I best get back to work lol....how was your hunt? Do any good? How many did they finish out with on that last hunt?
Old 02-15-2016, 06:48 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by I AM THE WOODS
Thanks man...yea when I had checked it out the biologist was sayin he thought it was about the best one of the season outta there...I was thinkin on gettin back after some hogs but figured I best get back to work lol....how was your hunt? Do any good? How many did they finish out with on that last hunt?
It was a learning experience for me in there. I had pretty much committed to hunting a particular buck and Thursday morning it showed up at the check station after I heard a shot in the hammock next to me. The other good deer I had on cam was also hanging up there from the last hunt. I had other shooters but nothing consistent during the day. So I decided to hunt somewhere I wanted to scout but never did. I saw deer every time I sat there. Including a really wide buck that was chasing a doe but just couldn't get a shot on him. Also saw some young bucks but nothing legal. I think the total in that place was 15 or so for the last hunt. I may be wrong.
Old 02-15-2016, 09:37 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Woodsman88
It was a learning experience for me in there. I had pretty much committed to hunting a particular buck and Thursday morning it showed up at the check station after I heard a shot in the hammock next to me. The other good deer I had on cam was also hanging up there from the last hunt. I had other shooters but nothing consistent during the day. So I decided to hunt somewhere I wanted to scout but never did. I saw deer every time I sat there. Including a really wide buck that was chasing a doe but just couldn't get a shot on him. Also saw some young bucks but nothing legal. I think the total in that place was 15 or so for the last hunt. I may be wrong.
Yea it's always good to have a few areas to hunt...the bucks in there move round quite a bit...I try to find where they are goin...not where they been...that's the only downfall of usin game cams, they sometimes sway your attention to areas the bucks have been but no longer are...at least ya laid eyes on a goodin...that's purty good...a guy showed me a pic of the 10 I shot and had on camera that his buddy captured on camera a month earlier...that was around a mile from where I got him on cam n dropped him...shows just how far they can move in a short time...
Old 02-15-2016, 01:54 PM
Fork Horn

Yea I think that's what happened to the big 8 I had on cam. I think he had ventured a ways to where my cams were because I hadn't seen him since December. Do you usually hunt way back when your finding deer like that one? I haven't got any pics of deer in that class and I ran cams for 2 months or more.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.