Greenswamp wma hunters >

Greenswamp wma hunters

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 01-30-2016, 05:34 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Tufrthnails
Been lurking for a while. Figured I'd register and post up. Was out at the swamp Mon with my son. Got busted by 6pt early on when my boy slammed his rifle on the window of the blind. Had a doe come in 10 min left before sunset but no buck in tow. Drive either a Blue Chevy 2500 with a big Gator head in back glass or a Black and Green Jeep Wrangler. Feel free to flag me down or just stop and say hi if you see me out.
Welcome to the forum! Better to have seen something than nothing at all. Although it's always a great day when spent with friends and family in the woods. I was out yesterday morning and not much going on in my area. Had some wood ducks swimming around the swamp and plenty of squirrels but that's about it. There's always next season!
Old 01-30-2016, 11:23 AM
Fork Horn

Went back out today to check a few cams before season ends. nothing but slicks on those two. Big thanks to the two guys that gave me a tug. Was cruising around figured I'd check a spot to see if there was any sign ,but a pair of guys were there so i figured I'd just turn around. Wrong answer got stuck 10 ft from their trucks looked high and dry. they were nice enough to give me a tug after a chuckle. Saved me from having to dig the ramps out of the back of the truck. And I just found a tick walking up my hand. Don't they know it's winter time?
Old 01-31-2016, 12:50 PM
Spike

Today is the last of deer season for green swamp. How did everyone do out there this year? I only made it out there for the second hog dog hunt, to take a couple boar hogs. After that I was only able to make it out once in gun, and saw 4 does.
Old 01-31-2016, 01:36 PM
Fork Horn

Friday afternoon I got a 152# sow. That was all for me in he swamp this year. Maybe next year I'll lay eyes on one of those mythical creatures they call a green swamp buck.
Old 01-31-2016, 02:26 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Woodsman88
Friday afternoon I got a 152# sow. That was all for me in he swamp this year. Maybe next year I'll lay eyes on one of those mythical creatures they call a green swamp buck.
Yea i saw a few of those "mythical" bucks when i was there scouting before hunting season started. The main problem i had this year was finding time to hunt them. I'll be out there a few times for small game to scout for turkey season, and hopefully take out a few hogs.
Old 01-31-2016, 03:10 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Swamphuntr
Yea i saw a few of those "mythical" bucks when i was there scouting before hunting season started. The main problem i had this year was finding time to hunt them. I'll be out there a few times for small game to scout for turkey season, and hopefully take out a few hogs.

I had the same problem. Found several during off season but once season hit they turned into ghosts.
Old 01-31-2016, 04:22 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Tufrthnails
I had the same problem. Found several during off season but once season hit they turned into ghosts.
I knew some of the deer I saw would not be in the same area once the season started, but I had a couple spots that were 3+ miles off the road, that still held deer when my Cusin went during gun season opener. During small game I am going to hike back to those spots, and hopefully find that know one has hunted near there or messed with the deer. If they are still there, I am going to hit them hard during archery season opperner.
Old 01-31-2016, 05:28 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Swamphuntr
I knew some of the deer I saw would not be in the same area once the season started, but I had a couple spots that were 3+ miles off the road, that still held deer when my Cusin went during gun season opener. During small game I am going to hike back to those spots, and hopefully find that know one has hunted near there or messed with the deer. If they are still there, I am going to hit them hard during archery season opperner.
That sounds like a good plan. You must wear out a pair of snakeboots like I do!!!!
Old 02-05-2016, 03:52 AM
Spike

I know a lot of you guys that hunt GS use climbers. Maybe this isn't the place for this question but I was wondering if there's any trees that you guys don't climb because the teeth don't grip the tree. I plan on buying one for next year and it'll be my first, I've always just hunted on the ground.
Old 02-05-2016, 05:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't climb palms and id rather not use em on cypress trees. Had one slip on a wet cypress...not fun. Pines, oaks and sweet gums are my preferred trees.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.