Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Greenswamp wma hunters >

Greenswamp wma hunters

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 01-15-2016, 12:37 PM
Dominant Buck

I think all of us GreenSwamp boys otta meat up sometime after the season for a breakfast..Golden Corral is right down the road from Green Swamp on 98..past Rock Ridge.

Which towns you all from?
Chuck7 from Lakeland..23 miles from Green Swamp..
Old 01-15-2016, 12:41 PM
Fork Horn

yea that would be cool...im currently near Odessa, but will pry be movin here within the next few months...aint sure where yet
Old 01-15-2016, 01:16 PM
Spike

Very nice deer chuck and woods
Old 01-15-2016, 01:53 PM
Dominant Buck

Thanks Stacy...seen any this year??
Old 01-15-2016, 02:36 PM
Spike

Actually i moved up to georgia cause of work building 2 new units on a nuclear power plant ive hunted few times up here seen a few nice ones but no shot opportunity
Old 01-15-2016, 03:46 PM
Dominant Buck

GA!!! you should have success....10 does and 2 bucks..I have friends who own a tree farm..I'm starting to go to a church Sunday..that have a lease in GA Most of the boys in the church hunt...LOL it's not the reason I'm going..BUT that is a nice perk..they have invited me already when I just visited..They are a Baptist church that acts Pentecostal.,..really involved in helping people who need it and reaching out to the youth,,a pretty onfire church..My son Matt has been going and I've seen a huge change in him..Good talking with ya agian,,I'm getting old and worn out..I could never hunt that spot you hunted in the Green Swamp...too darn long of a hike..I'd a died..I still got your spike pic..that you shot a few years ago..
Old 01-15-2016, 04:42 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks greenswampman...yea GA. Is known for deer...from what I've gathered from folks I know that have hunted there it's not near as difficult as huntin here...We are flirting with the idea of movin to NC...Did some research online...they have public lands that are so big and rugged that you actually backpack your campin gear n all in...I think that would be kinda cool...I enjoy being challenged...drives me to get better...
Old 01-22-2016, 04:11 AM
Spike

Got out of work early yesterday morning and decided to pack up and head out. Got there around 7:00 a.m. and sat down until around 10. I was getting a little cold and started falling asleep but I could have swore I saw a hog trot across the swamp. Got up and decided to investigate. I got up to a small clearing that the hogs ripped up and stood there for a couple of seconds when I heard what sounded like trickling water. Quickly walked the 40 yards to where I heard it and a pig had just been rooting around and was walking back into the swamp!

I decided to try grunting at it and it stopped in the water but it was so thick in there I couldn't see anything. Ran all the way back around and through the swamp trying to get to the other side of the thicket knowing he had to still be in there. Made my way under the brush when I had heard some birds fly up to the left of me and something making its way through the water again. After moving toward the sound and seeing the fresh tracks that the hog just left I ended up at another thick part of the swamp where I couldn't see more than a foot in front of me. All of a sudden a growl and I hear the bush shaking. The hog's no more than 5 yards in front of me at this point but I can't see him. He's standing his ground grunting and growling at me and I fully expected him to charge at me so I just held my ground too with my gun ready. All of a sudden I hear him take off on the other side of the brush grunting as he runs further into the swamp.

Never actually saw him and never heard anything from it again. It was a great day nonetheless and got my blood pumping for sure!
Old 01-22-2016, 08:27 AM
Spike

didnt get out to the swamp till january this season, shot a little 6 pt 2 weekends ago. will be there next 2 weekends. nice buck you got woods! and you as well chuck! ill try to put a pic up of the 6
Old 01-22-2016, 11:17 AM
Dominant Buck

Congrats LVflid..any Green Swamp buck is a trophy..Congrats..Hunting is EXTREMELY difficult there..You are blessed to even see a buck..scoring is icing on the cake..I sat from 6 - 1:00 yesterday..saw nothing..

NY2FL,,,like your hog story..they can be quite aggressive..If I see a boar..I won't shoot it. I only shoot females from 60-120 pounds..Have not seen a hog in 2 years..I did hear the pidder padder of one 2 hunts ago walking through water about 5:30 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.