Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Greenswamp wma hunters >

Greenswamp wma hunters

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 12-09-2015, 02:57 PM
Spike

I'm sure there will be some boo boo's this year that get busted for undersized antlers. Although I'm also sure there will be some flying "under the radar" on their way through the gates. Guessing on a 4 point or smaller is basically Russian roulette in my opinion if he doesn't have super tall mains.
Old 12-11-2015, 03:40 PM
Spike

Any updates on the GS? I went out there on Thursday morning...saw nothing and heard nothing. Picked up a cam and it had some action...mostly during the early morning(2am-ish). As of Thursday still only one buck and 6 hogs taken on 471 side.
Old 12-13-2015, 10:44 AM
Spike

I'll be checking things out this week. Hopefully will get to go out there and do some evening hunts or Friday morning.
Old 12-13-2015, 04:16 PM
Fork Horn

Wasn't able to make it out there this weekend because of work...looks like I will be able to make it for next weekend just in time for some cooler weather
Old 12-15-2015, 02:12 PM
Spike

I'm so damn excited about that weather coming and yet I'll be stuck in Orlando Saturday morning haha at least I'll be at bass pro
Old 12-18-2015, 05:24 PM
Spike

Got out Tuesday for an evening hunt from 3:00 to sunset. Heard a pig but never saw him.

Went out again today from 1:00 to sunset thinking the rain in the morning and dropping temperature in the afternoon would get some stuff moving. Unfortunately that wasn't the case.

Took a picture of the shed from the 8 point when I was there, I think it attached to the post. Broke his brow tine but still a nice buck. (Picture doesn't really do it any justice.)
Attached Thumbnails Greenswamp wma hunters-img_2771.jpg  
Old 12-19-2015, 11:31 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by NY2FL
Got out Tuesday for an evening hunt from 3:00 to sunset. Heard a pig but never saw him.

Went out again today from 1:00 to sunset thinking the rain in the morning and dropping temperature in the afternoon would get some stuff moving. Unfortunately that wasn't the case.

Took a picture of the shed from the 8 point when I was there, I think it attached to the post. Broke his brow tine but still a nice buck. (Picture doesn't really do it any justice.)
That's a really good buck for gs. How come you didn't take it home with you the first time you found it?
Old 12-19-2015, 03:38 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Swamphuntr
That's a really good buck for gs. How come you didn't take it home with you the first time you found it?
From what I understand reading the rules in the brochure you're not even allowed to take it home. My luck I'd somehow get caught haha.

This is the part I read in the rules that made me think that; 5. "No person shall cut, damage or remove any natural, man-made or cultural
resource without written authorization of the landowner or primary land
manager."
Old 12-19-2015, 04:55 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by NY2FL
From what I understand reading the rules in the brochure you're not even allowed to take it home. My luck I'd somehow get caught haha.

This is the part I read in the rules that made me think that; 5. "No person shall cut, damage or remove any natural, man-made or cultural
resource without written authorization of the landowner or primary land
manager."
I wouldn't worry about. It's the same thing if you have mud or lime rock in your tire treads. I would take it before someone else found it and started hunting your area.
Old 12-20-2015, 09:52 AM
Spike

All true. Unfortunately there's already quite a few guys that seem to have found out about the spot since last year. The shed is pretty well hidden though and as far as I'm concerned the damage is already done with the amount of people traipsing around the place.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.