Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Greenswamp wma hunters >

Greenswamp wma hunters

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 11-10-2015, 06:05 PM
Fork Horn

Only 3 deer is pretty bad! I wish they would keep it open more than just Friday Saturday Sunday. With my days off I usually end up hunting richloam more even though I've always done better in the swamp during archery.
Old 11-12-2015, 05:47 PM
Spike

Has anyone been out to GS lately? Is it still very wet?
Old 11-12-2015, 08:06 PM
Fork Horn

I heard it's been purty slow so far in the swamp...would imagine it's dryin out purty good...with hardly no rain the last month or so
Old 11-13-2015, 12:27 PM
Spike

Went out last Saturday morning as I posted earlier, and then went back out Sunday afternoon. One more had been taken Saturday afternoon which brought the count up to 4 total. Talked to the gate man and he said the last 2 deer taken was a doe by him, and a short spike by the other gate man. It is actually starting to dry up a bit. There's still wet trails but overall it's not too bad. I haven't made it towards the north boundaries but off main grade its not saturated like it was.
Old 11-13-2015, 12:28 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Woodsman88
Only 3 deer is pretty bad! I wish they would keep it open more than just Friday Saturday Sunday. With my days off I usually end up hunting richloam more even though I've always done better in the swamp during archery.
I agree with ya there. Even just to have the gate open to traffic to go and scout around would be good. Then there's this time change hahaha
Old 11-17-2015, 09:12 PM
Fork Horn

Anybody been hittin the swamp...havin any luck?
Old 11-18-2015, 12:44 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by I AM THE WOODS
Anybody been hittin the swamp...havin any luck?
I was out Friday putting my stand up for gun and saw a doe while driving and she stood there at 30yds for 2 minutes. Of course it's the one time I said I'm not bringing my bow because I have too much to carry. Hunted sat morning but saw nothing but tons of people.
Old 11-18-2015, 07:23 PM
Fork Horn

Dang...yea I'm gonna try to get out there some time the next couple weeks...will be there for the gun opener for sure
Old 11-24-2015, 05:24 PM
Spike

Was out scouting a bit today in the GS. It's still pretty wet, especially in the bay head areas. I walked in and saw a bunch of sized tracks running parallel with the improved road. As I moved further into the woods I came up on 4 stands, all within 100 yards of each other. I had set a trail cam in the same area up a few days earlier before seeing these stands and checked it today to find a decent sized doe.
Anyone else out scouting around?
Old 11-25-2015, 10:03 AM
Spike

I've been scouting another wma, in cent fl for the rut, and have locked down a bunch of doe groups and managed to see an 8 point, a 11 does, and another buck that was bigger then the 8. Can't wait until my hunt starts. I don't normally hit my spots in green swamp, until January rolls around. Probably go to three lakes this weekend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.