Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Greenswamp wma hunters >

Greenswamp wma hunters

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 09-27-2015, 08:04 AM
Spike

Did some bike riding out there Friday. To say it was Wet is a slight understatement. Rode a couple trails off main grade and about 3/4 of the way to Powder grade and it was soaked. River is as high as I've ever seen it. Ditches are full. Going to try and get out there to drive this week since dog season opens for the weekend starting Thursday. I'll try and grab some pics.
Old 09-27-2015, 09:10 PM
Fork Horn

Pulled my cams off flying eagle and have plenty of does and small bucks and one decent 8pt during the day. Hopefully it all plays out and I can get a shot this weekend. Did see 3 deer walking in there though.
Old 09-29-2015, 01:07 PM
Fork Horn

picked up a last minute draw of the eagle archery ill be out there this weekend

Last edited by Alpine_Archer; 10-03-2015 at 06:42 PM.
Old 09-29-2015, 06:42 PM
Fork Horn

Sweet...I gotta half moon first archery on the redraw, problem is I setup to go with a buddy that same weekend to GSW as a guest on the hog hunt, try to put him on some hogs in exchange for being able to get out there n scout some hard to reach areas for the deer hunts...I don't wanna give up the oppurtunity to scout or be a "let down" for tryin to get on the hogs but on the flip side half moon is a great wma...hard dang decision...
Old 10-03-2015, 06:41 PM
Fork Horn

the opener for flying eagle was a joke. i've never seen so many vehicles in there. they really need to limit the number of exempt hunters in that area. i bet there were more exempt hunters then ones with a permit. people running the roads at way to high of speeds, setting up on top of me 30 minutes after sunrise,and the usual ass clownery. only seen two does checked in. probably the slowest opener i've ever seen. i'll be back to get my stand but doubt ill finish the hunt...
Old 10-04-2015, 05:17 PM
Fork Horn

It was that bad there?
Old 10-05-2015, 03:27 AM
Fork Horn

yesterday wasnt as bad but still not much movement. 4 does killed in 2 days and zero pigs... they just let to many people in that place for being such a small area, and the roads are closed year round except for hunting. when the trucks start piling in it takes a while for the deer to start moving again.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:11 PM
Fork Horn

If there are so many hunters, don't they jump the deer and move them around? Or if the hunters are driving roads can you set-up in the middle of a thick area?
Old 10-05-2015, 07:31 PM
Fork Horn

It was definitely slow but fortunately I got the first deer there Saturday morning at 7:30. Like Alpine said there were a lot of people driving around. Had somebody drive past my stand at 645 pm prime hunting time. I threw my hands up and they stared and kept on going.
Old 10-05-2015, 07:47 PM
Fork Horn

Sweet... Congrats on droppin one early...wow sounds like chaos in that place

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.