Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Greenswamp wma hunters >

Greenswamp wma hunters

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 12-29-2013, 01:44 PM
Spike

Ive been hunting green swamp a little this year. I shot and lost a hog during archery. Ive seen 1 doe and 10 turkeys so far this gun season. Ive found a few rubs and scrapes but i havent seen any bucks yet. Ill be out there as much as i can thismweek
Old 12-30-2013, 03:59 PM
Spike

Went back out tonight. Didnt even see a squirrel. 34 deer and 43 hogs on 471 side
Old 12-31-2013, 10:12 AM
Spike

I took the woman out there yesterday as well. Didn't see much of anything until powder grade, then atleast saw some birds and squirrels.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:02 PM
Fork Horn

Been out in the swamp the past 4 days...n aint seein notta...biggest thing i seen was 4 coons...aint seein hardly no sign either...lookin like a repeat of how last year wad....when i left today they were cleanin looked like a small 6 or 8 didnt look in rut n they also gotta hog this mornin...
Old 12-31-2013, 03:20 PM
Fork Horn

You can see the effect of the hog trapping in the swamp. I remember seeing well over 100 hogs being taken Out of just the 471 side as a kid. Now it's much less. I personally don't hunt hogs but it was always fun to shoot one if the year was going by slow as the deer a concerned. I haven't seen the first one this year. And yes I have been seeing deer just no legal shooters haha
Old 12-31-2013, 04:37 PM
Spike

Thought you could take Antlerless deer right now?
Old 12-31-2013, 08:44 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Woodsman88
You can see the effect of the hog trapping in the swamp. I remember seeing well over 100 hogs being taken Out of just the 471 side as a kid. Now it's much less. I personally don't hunt hogs but it was always fun to shoot one if the year was going by slow as the deer a concerned. I haven't seen the first one this year. And yes I have been seeing deer just no legal shooters haha
Ya got that right on the hogs...where i been huntin the deer are there pickin up on some good tracks but very little movement...when i head back pry gonna switch spots up n see what happens...
Old 12-31-2013, 08:46 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Marlin336cs
Thought you could take Antlerless deer right now?
Not on WMAs...only by antlerless deer permit only
Old 01-02-2014, 07:10 AM
Spike

Hello everyone, first I would like to thank you all for putting together such a great forum. I have been hunting 3 lakes for hog. I have taken two which were under 100lb. It seems GS is a descent place for hog hunting. My concerns are the snakes. I have a 9yr old boy who I take with me. Are they really that thick out there this time of year?
Old 01-02-2014, 09:41 AM
Spike

I went out Tuesday. I sat in my stand from 6-12 and walked about 2 miles back to my truck. I didn't see a thing until I was heading back to the check station and I saw 3 hogs run into the swamp. A guy had a 5 pt at the check station. I have been out only 2 times to a spot where a took a large buck a couple years ago and have yet to see a deer. I did see fresh rubs and rooting though. That's just the way it is there. I have 2 bucks all ready this season on other WMA's so I'm mostly killing time in the woods with hopes to see something. It does seem like things are heating up with the cooler weather. The snakes are not that bad this late in the season. Snakes are cold blooded so they don't move around as much on cold days.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.