Greenswamp wma hunters >

Greenswamp wma hunters

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 11-16-2013, 06:40 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Woodsman88
Do ya remember the name or vehicle of the man with the 11 pt? A few yrs ago one of the guys I hunt with killed a big 11 pt that netted in the 130's. I'm wondering if it was him you saw.
nah that wouldn't of been him...this was 10-12 years ago...that buck is the biggest I ever seen outta that area...had to be 140"-150"...around that same time frame my cousin shot a huge 8 point in Alabama that weighed over 200lbs. and had serious mass and tine length n I remember my dad had a picture on his flip phone of that 11 point and showed it to my cousin as we was lookin at his mount of that 8...his jaw dropped n he said there was no way that buck came outta richloam, him n my uncle hunted that area for years n said they had never even heard of a buck that big comin outta there...if I had to guess that big 11 had to have about a 25" spread was way outside the ears with about a foot-14" tall thick tines...wish I had that pic to show yall...everybody round that gas station figured it pry really came off of some private land somewhere
Old 11-17-2013, 01:57 PM
Fork Horn

Anybody make it out to the swamp for the last weekend of archery? What did they end up with? Im kinda bummed out only got to make it out there once for archery but on the up side next weekend is the start of general gun. Im ready to get out there for another tough challenge of gettin a buck outta Green Swamp.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:52 AM
Dominant Buck

I got out there last Friday...the water is down a few inches but my spot was still ancle high.with water.i hunt off of Powder...i only heard the pidder paddle of a hog sneaking through a thick bayhead for a 9;00 snack..at 11:00 i came out of my trusty pine tree and headed back...i had seen many bucks and does here before..this year not one rub...just a good used hog trail..

My spot in 3 lakes looks much more promicing..but still...need God's blessing to make it happen...many fresh rubs and have seen deer in my spot...i have 3 spots thefe that look decent and a bayhead that has hogs
Old 11-18-2013, 06:59 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Chuck7
I got out there last Friday...the water is down a few inches but my spot was still ancle high.with water.i hunt off of Powder...i only heard the pidder paddle of a hog sneaking through a thick bayhead for a 9;00 snack..at 11:00 i came out of my trusty pine tree and headed back...i had seen many bucks and does here before..this year not one rub...just a good used hog trail..

My spot in 3 lakes looks much more promicing..but still...need God's blessing to make it happen...many fresh rubs and have seen deer in my spot...i have 3 spots thefe that look decent and a bayhead that has hogs
Yea Green Swamp seems every year to have a different time frame bucks start showin sign...couple years back i found trees rubbed down hard in october, last year aint start seein good rubs till mid-late december...I would think the way this cooler weather is dippin down early this year they should start showin sign a little earlier...well the more options ya got the better your odds of knockin a goodin down
Old 11-19-2013, 05:47 AM
Fork Horn

I really haven't found much for buck sign but they are there. I recently found a trail from a swamp through some palmettos and gullberries that was beat down to nothing but mud. Hopefully I can get some pics to show you guys. I'm checking my cam next week.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:41 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Woodsman88
I really haven't found much for buck sign but they are there. I recently found a trail from a swamp through some palmettos and gullberries that was beat down to nothing but mud. Hopefully I can get some pics to show you guys. I'm checking my cam next week.
yup those bucks in Green Swamp exist but they don't almost like a myth...but usually if ya are on a beat down mud trail n ya got some gawberries in the area ya are on the right track...the big ol 6 point I got last year was bedded up in a thick area of palmettos n gawberries n when we checked his stomach he was full of em...I think I will get my camera out there after the first 9...seems like in green swamp dutlrin the first 9 theres a bunch guys that just wanna walk all over the dang woods n stink it up
Old 11-19-2013, 02:30 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Chuck7

Which part of Three Lakes do you hunt? I've hunted that place for 2 yrs with no luck.
Old 11-19-2013, 02:50 PM
Dominant Buck

i. Had 2 does walk within 20 yds of my tree today...i was reading my Bible and glanced up..i quickly slid my Bible in my shirt and put the scope on them...dang! Both were does..i think they were going to bed..then they started walking right up to me...i looked away to advoid eye contact and prayed she wouldn't blow too loud and long..she gave one wheeze...and stood there ..about 15 minutes...i froze stiff...not even a blink.i had heard a buck earlier and didn't want him arroused...then..the two does wagged thier tails and disappeared into the palmettoes...driving out i saw 3 more does..on private property

Concerning the part i hunt...sorry...it's a secret.I promiced my hunting partner I wouldn't tell.

Last edited by Chuck7; 11-19-2013 at 02:54 PM.
Old 11-19-2013, 02:55 PM
Spike

Nice... Which gate? I've been hunting off hwy 60
Old 11-20-2013, 02:30 AM
Dominant Buck

Oh..i can help you out there...you don't want to hunt off 60 Drive another 8 miles about...take a left on Pea Vine Road ...it's 8 1/2 miles long...nice dirt road..this is a short cut to the better 3 lakes area..

At the end of Pea Vine. You have to turn right...drive about 2 miles...take a right on Canoe Rd....drive about 3 miles..you are now at 441 take a left and drive about 8 miles...note the brown sign Three Lakes Wildlife Managagement Area....the entrance will be a little blue road sign called Williams Rd..turn left...the place is unmanned..pick up a card at the steel box and hunt..camping is free...Hint...most do good hunting off of Road 1 check google..it borders private property.

And some tid bits...

You up your odds of scoring if you..

A.Hunt inside bayheads instead of fields..EXCEPT for the rut....most of FL ruts are in DEC

B.Find where the deer bed...and ambush them

C. Stay in your stand and high as your nerves allow

D. Make your movements as if there is a buck within 30 yds of you...his senses of sight, smell hearing and eyes are 10 times better than ours

E. Hunt down wind...

F. Choose the right tree to see the most and get the best shot..

G. Youndon't need camos...but cover scent would be a good idea if you can afford it...but don't wear white or brown..you may get shot

H.mduring the rut i give one bleat call every 30 min..don't over call

I. If a buck grunts...grunt back...BUT no more...be ready..he is on his way to your tree...

J. If need be...you can shoot left handed..it makes no difference..

K. Study google earth..look for prospective spots that are not near trails and roads...most hunters are lazy and cling to trails...not me..i make my own trail.

L. If possible..hunt the weekdays..this allows you to hunt anywhere without someone cussing you out for stealing their spot...happened to me

Just a few things I've learned since hunting Florida

God bless,
Chuck7

Last edited by Chuck7; 11-20-2013 at 11:40 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.