Greenswamp wma hunters >

Greenswamp wma hunters

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 11-08-2013, 05:35 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Chuck7
Yes sir...and i will probably do my still hunting with my 30-30'rather than buckshot....more bullet energy, twice as light of a weapon and i have more bullets for that rifle lol
Yea cant lose with a 30-30...that will always be my favorite gun
Old 11-08-2013, 05:41 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by RPD63
We saw a few does and my buddies friend saw a six point Sunday morning. He was not chasing though. Hoping to get back in there Friday or Saturday.
Yea Croom has a lot of does...o nice...i know a guy that lives up that way n spoke to a biologist there a couple years back he said the doe to buck ratio in there is a 15-1...One thing i find wierd with Croom is that you dont see many buck rubs for the amount of deer that are in there...yea i am gonna be back out there saturday
Old 11-08-2013, 02:40 PM
Dominant Buck

Anyone been successful still hunting in the Green Swamp ?
Old 11-08-2013, 07:01 PM
Fork Horn

Anyone been successful still hunting in the Green Swamp ?
The first couple hogs i killed out of the Green Swamp was when i was still huntin on the ground...as for deer other than jumpin some up the only encounters i had was a doe that walked within 20ft. of me n walkin up on that monster of an 8 point year before last...
Old 11-10-2013, 02:02 PM
Fork Horn

I was able to make it out to Croom Saturday...all I seen was 2 big does n found some fresh scrapes in the area Im huntin...as of Saturday they had 29 bucks killed for the first 8 days...mine was still the biggest at 142 lbs. n the most points was an 8 point...looks like they will end up gettin even less outta there this year...but still good averagin 4 bucks a day for a wma
Old 11-12-2013, 03:57 PM
Spike

Anyone ever hunt Richloam? I have a chance to hunt the opening weekend but I have never been on the property.
Old 11-15-2013, 05:56 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by FATboySWEATS
Anyone ever hunt Richloam? I have a chance to hunt the opening weekend but I have never been on the property.
Richloam has some good deer in there although its mostly a dog hunt area...i camp in Richloam durin general gun season purty much every mornin n night on my way to n from the swamp i see deer...the terrain there is a lot like green swamp but richloam has more oaks n in some places is wetter than the swamp...over the years seen some purty good bucks come outta there biggest awas a wide 11 point with tall tines we seen a guy with at the gas station...said he got it in Richloam but everybody was wonderin if he was tellin a story because that buck was huge
Old 11-15-2013, 02:12 PM
Dominant Buck

How are the roads at Croom..is 4wheel drive a must?

It appears the check station is unmanned after the first 9 days...id this is so..what do you do if you get a deer?

Croom is only 50 miles from my house..3lakes is 90 ..ouch
Old 11-15-2013, 03:16 PM
Fork Horn

Do ya remember the name or vehicle of the man with the 11 pt? A few yrs ago one of the guys I hunt with killed a big 11 pt that netted in the 130's. I'm wondering if it was him you saw.
Old 11-16-2013, 06:19 PM
Fork Horn

How are the roads at Croom..is 4wheel drive a must?

It appears the check station is unmanned after the first 9 days...id this is so..what do you do if you get a deer?

Croom is only 50 miles from my house..3lakes is 90 ..ouch
the roads all in all are purty good...some are a bit sandy but just keep on the gas n ya will be aight...yea that is true after the first nine no more check station...ya just go n get to cleanin it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.