Greenswamp wma hunters >

Greenswamp wma hunters

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 12-10-2012, 06:57 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by greenswampman
no fresh rubs yet either on my end cpl yrs back i seen rubs at the start of archery its got to b the weather i just dnt no
yea i was thinkin the same but even last year weather was warm as well...i cant figure it out...kinda strange seein as the main rut should be startin in the next couple weeks...
Old 12-10-2012, 07:02 PM
Fork Horn

Im hopin this rain will get some of the bucks showin some sign...i know they favor rubbin trees and scrapin after rains...this weekend i will spend most my time in Green Swamp West for a hog hunt...
Old 12-11-2012, 03:18 PM
Spike

How is the west unit?
Old 12-11-2012, 07:17 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by FATboySWEATS
How is the west unit?
GSW has a lotta game only way ya can hunt it is by speacial opp permits hog quotas or first come first serve small game hunts...
Old 12-12-2012, 04:00 AM
Spike

Been hunting down on the rockridge side all season, has been very unproductive for me. I found a good looking spot right next to 471 since I figure everybody is always spotting deer around that area. Never hunted that side before so i'm not sure if its a popular spot or what, looks like a 2-3 mile hike though so hopefully not.

@Greenswampman & I am the woods, I pm'd you guys a pic, would love to hear some input as it seems you guys have been out there longer than I have.
Old 12-16-2012, 02:02 PM
Spike

well went to the swamp sat. i think the deer are startin to move my buddy shot at a buck but missed it then he and his grandson was sitting on the ground and had a 3inch spike walk up on them and stair them down i didnt c nothing i had some hogs in some thick stuff stay around my stand all day feeding and fighting they would not leave or come out for a shot
Old 12-17-2012, 05:02 AM
Fork Horn

Well I couldn't help but notice that less than 20 deer have come out of the 471 side. I remember as a kid seeing numbers well over 50 by now. Today is my first sit in GS this year so maybe I will see somethin.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:40 AM
Fork Horn

well I didnt make it in Green Swamp this past weekend...spent the weekend in Green Swamp West hog huntin...spooked a few up but no shot...I observed deer sign over there...found a few rubs all looked like they had been started this week....not near the rubs I seen in there this time last year...after seein that Im sure we are gonna be in for a late rut...
Old 12-17-2012, 05:43 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by greenswampman
well went to the swamp sat. i think the deer are startin to move my buddy shot at a buck but missed it then he and his grandson was sitting on the ground and had a 3inch spike walk up on them and stair them down i didnt c nothing i had some hogs in some thick stuff stay around my stand all day feeding and fighting they would not leave or come out for a shot
Glad to hear that...I seen 9 deer this weekend ar GSW....2 bucks...a big cowhorn spike n a basket rack either 6 or 8...aint to much like seein em not bein able to take a shot...lol
Old 12-17-2012, 05:45 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Woodsman88
Well I couldn't help but notice that less than 20 deer have come out of the 471 side. I remember as a kid seeing numbers well over 50 by now. Today is my first sit in GS this year so maybe I will see somethin.
what was the total numbers for hog n deer outta 471 side?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.