Greenswamp wma hunters

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 10-26-2012, 04:43 PM
Fork Horn

No. You don't have to notify anyone.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:48 AM
Spike

Thanks Dale. Was looking forward to breaking in my snake boots. I may just go up soon to test my scouting.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:23 PM
Spike

I have been hunting GS every weekend and haven't seen anything. Seeing a lot of hog sign and some deer sign as well but no deer or hogs. I figure i am a newbie at this so i am probably doing stuff wrong but when i go by the check station there hasn't been any deer taken out of the rockridge entrance this season. Hope to everyone starts having better luck soon.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:01 PM
Spike

Any body knows where some good bay heads are in green swamp? I've been hunting every week end since the start of bow season some people are having luck one 8 point just this past week end 10-27-1. Not me though, what are some good roads to check out????? please help first year hunting thanks
Old 10-31-2012, 06:46 PM
Fork Horn

It's not unusual to have a low kill count during Bow season or when it's warm or in our case HOT. It is frustrating not seeing anything. Just my two cents but I believe new Hunters believe in getting a early start to the day and getting frustrated and call it quits around 2pm. The time I have seen most game is within 30 minutes of getting out of my stand cuz it's getting dark. I've been Hunting for 20 years and I learn something new every season.

Bay heads. I use Google maps. I pull up Green swamp and look for the biggest bay head in the swamp and target a spot where I can see a game trail or just flat out go to the middle of it and set up.
Who on here is going out there to scout on Nov 16th ? Maybe we can meet for Breakfast and go over some Hunting methods. No one needs to give up their spots. Just get together for some grub and chat. I can show y'all what I do. Doesn't always work though
Old 11-01-2012, 05:04 PM
Spike

Thanks Dale - I'd love to pick the brain of a successful hunter out there. Unfortunately I have to work that Friday. Are you staying all day? I have stayed in stand all day a couple times but that was tough. Normally for a morning hunt I come down around lunch, if evening hunt I will be in around 3:30 and leave about 10 after it is completely dark. One issue I am having with morning hunts is that I can't get to my stand sites and climb the tree before it starts getting light out. I am waiting at the gate at 5:15 but the walk in seems to take too long.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:07 PM
Spike

Also, do you trim out trails to your stand? If you do how far away from the stand do you start trimming? I have been walking down game trails to get to my stand site but thinking that may not be the best idea.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:00 PM
Fork Horn

I wouldn't call myself a successful Hunter. I know lots of other people that are. I don't trim anything. I just barrel my way through. Or it could be that I'm lazy.
If its a climber, I stay in it as long as I can and all day is hard. But a ladder stand makes it fast and quiet to get out and take lunch or a break. The more time in the stand is always increasing your odds of spotting game. Let me ask you. Are you in your stand in a bay head ? Or on the edge ?
Old 11-01-2012, 06:39 PM
Fork Horn

I may head out there Sunday to put up a couple game cams.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:49 PM
Fork Horn

Well looks like this saturday n next saturday will be all the archery i will be gettin in for the last 2 weekends...buddy of mine got croom gun first nine n let me go as a guest gonna be out there next couple sundays...scouted in there this week n found some good sign...trees big around as baseballs shredded...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.