Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Greenswamp wma hunters >

Greenswamp wma hunters

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 10-11-2012, 09:51 AM
Fork Horn

Shotguns are fine for GS. Shotguns are also center fire. Not rimfire. What WMA are you talking about ?
Old 10-11-2012, 11:55 AM
Fork Horn

Greenswamp takes major patience...huntin greenswamp is a big learnin process...statistically speakin to get a hog or deer outta there ya gotta rank within the top 2 percent of hunters...just be patient n stick with it...
Old 10-11-2012, 11:56 AM
Fork Horn

Gettin up early in the mornin to try n get me a archery camp and do some scoutin...ready to get out there...
Old 10-11-2012, 12:53 PM
Spike

b out there first thing n the morning also settin my climber up
Old 10-12-2012, 06:39 AM
Spike

Thanks everyone, just bought my first pair of snake boots, didn't even know they existed till y'all told me. I am hoping to get up to GS soon to scout. If I go up the 16th, can I place my climber stand, or you don't recommend that? Thanks DT for the Map tips, I'll do that. Cary WMA is the RIMFIRE ONLY that's not til Feb 2013 for me. I was told by a Fl Hunter that a Shotgun and Slug gun would be fine for that, but am nervous I can't find any details on MyFWC to prove him wrong or right. I plan to use 30-06 for GS. Any tips for where to stay for that week (11/17 to 11/21)? You guys have been a great resource for me, THANK YOU.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:54 AM
Fork Horn

Ok. I read the regs for Cary WMA for Feb is Hog season. No centerfire Rifles are allowed. This means leave your 30-06 at home and use a shotgun. Buckshot or slugs are allowed.
Yes. You can leave your Climber out there if you so choose. But I would lock it to the tree if I were you.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:09 AM
Fork Horn

Man is it wet in the swamp...seen hardly no deer sign...lotta hog sign around the oaks though ..reckon ima give me spot a shot in the mornin although i could about use a kayak to get back there...anybody seein any deer rubs yet..i would think some would be startin to rub
Old 10-12-2012, 03:01 PM
Spike

yea need kayak to my spot also hung my stand n another area i been wantin to try out havent seen no rubs yet they should b rubbin seen a good size hog in this area few weeks ago so goin to sit there and c what happens
Old 10-12-2012, 07:04 PM
Fork Horn

Yea seems the hogs are goin hog wild with all that water out there...If I recall correctly last year around the area i hunt i started seein rubs the second to third weekend into archery season...Im gonna be out there all weekend...hopefully one of us can come up with a deer hog or turkey...
Old 10-13-2012, 05:29 PM
Spike

well went to swamp this morning and had two hogs come in on me but no shot goin to get it another try tomorrow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.