Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Greenswamp wma hunters >

Greenswamp wma hunters

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 09-25-2012, 11:09 AM
Fork Horn

I would like to go scoutin, but most of my spots are a long way from either gate...a little ways to go in the heat...reckon i will have to wait til the day prior to openin day...although i could scout some areas closer...hmmm??...
Old 09-25-2012, 12:57 PM
Spike

yea i ride a bike in
Old 09-28-2012, 09:47 AM
Fork Horn

yea reckon that would be the best way...even if i had a bike my main areas would still be a heck of a ride...
Old 09-28-2012, 09:57 AM
Fork Horn

so i been thinkin on openin day of archery where i will hunt...i have a spot in purty deep cover that has 4 or 5 deer trails goin through it...when i hunt it i usually hunt about 100 yds. out from where the deer trails are where it begins to open up...but from the clearing cant see the deer trails because of thick cover...should i go in deep and setup within 30 yds. of the deer trails n risk blowin my cover n spookin deer out of there...or play it safe n hunt the clear cut n try to get lucky seein one goin in or out?...both tactics have advantages n disadvantages...havin a hard time decidin...
Old 10-04-2012, 04:02 PM
Fork Horn

Went in GS today. Pretty deep. I saw a Big Doe and two Hogs. A little wet but not as wet as I expected.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:30 AM
Fork Horn

Are the bayheads filled up?
Old 10-05-2012, 12:09 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by I AM THE WOODS
Are the bayheads filled up?
Didn't walk into any bay heads but I would assume if you don't have waterproof boots or hip waters, your feet will get wet. I had sneakers on and was able to walk down some trails without getting too wet. But since I own a good pair of Snake Boots. They will be my first choice when hunting GS.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:02 AM
Fork Horn

Yea im countin on gettin wet out there n defiinitely wearin snake boots...hopefully it wont be to hot out there this weekend.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:38 PM
Spike

the count down is on come on saturday
Old 10-08-2012, 04:53 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by I AM THE WOODS
so i been thinkin on openin day of archery where i will hunt...i have a spot in purty deep cover that has 4 or 5 deer trails goin through it...when i hunt it i usually hunt about 100 yds. out from where the deer trails are where it begins to open up...but from the clearing cant see the deer trails because of thick cover...should i go in deep and setup within 30 yds. of the deer trails n risk blowin my cover n spookin deer out of there...or play it safe n hunt the clear cut n try to get lucky seein one goin in or out?...both tactics have advantages n disadvantages...havin a hard time decidin...
I would go n deep and set up withing 30 yards. Your last choice in your post. That is if your still haven a hard time deciding.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.