Greenswamp wma hunters >

Greenswamp wma hunters

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 03-06-2016, 03:24 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Chuck7
I was meaning too...Got a mountain bike..got me side tracked as well as a few other things..Actually I got the bike to scout in the summer time...Cost me 15 dollars at an adult mobile home park..It's a Giant bike..AWESOME condition.
Nice...I had got an ol Marlboro mountain bike back in January for $30...does make it somewhat easier to scout...but a lot of those trails out there are purty rough pedalin...
Old 03-06-2016, 03:26 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Swamphuntr
I made it out there once. Mostly scouting for turkey. A buddy of mine i went with passed on a large boar hog, and we managed to find a couple of good spots loaded with turkeys. I hope they will be there after opener.
Nice...yea those turkeys gotta habit of vanishin once the season opens lol
Old 03-09-2016, 03:38 AM
Fork Horn

i went out a couple times scout/ Hunting. Not many hogs around where I was stomping. Took a trip up by the river and seen a few hogs.
Old 03-09-2016, 05:02 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Tufrthnails
i went out a couple times scout/ Hunting. Not many hogs around where I was stomping. Took a trip up by the river and seen a few hogs.
Yea hog numbers are way down...I gotta spot I have killed hogs purty much every year I have hunted the swamp...seen as many as 20+ together in that area...this year in there only picked up on a few tracks and few smal scattered areas of rootin...first time I ain't seen a hog in there...hopefully next year they make a little bit of a comeback...I like to have a lil pork in the freezer every year...
Old 03-09-2016, 06:56 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by I AM THE WOODS
Yea hog numbers are way down...I gotta spot I have killed hogs purty much every year I have hunted the swamp...seen as many as 20+ together in that area...this year in there only picked up on a few tracks and few smal scattered areas of rootin...first time I ain't seen a hog in there...hopefully next year they make a little bit of a comeback...I like to have a lil pork in the freezer every year...

I just getting back to stomping around the swamp and was amazed at the lack of hog sign compared to five+ years ago. I used to pass 30 to 40 in a weekend while deer hunting not even looking for hogs. I seen two while I was out there from late dec on.
Old 03-16-2016, 01:34 PM
Dominant Buck

Went 8 1/2 miles on my bike..ran into a game warden..Had a good scout..
My bike I got for 15.00 is a 400 .00 Giant mt bike..I put a 52.00 seat on it..new tires , computer odometer/speedometer, air pump, mirror and lights..it's a 21 speed..glad it is..or I would have been pushing the bike in some of the terrain. Wheels are nice and straight..I found me a spot to turkey hunt,,that's most important. {-; I didn't get the quota so I'll have to wait until the weekends is over..I plan to scout from here to deer season...it's good exercise and I enjoy the outdoors. I thought I saw a bobcat but it was very quick..too big for a FL rabbit.

God loves all of you who are reading this post..His creation is marvelous..He's an awesome God.
Old 03-20-2016, 05:59 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Chuck7
Went 8 1/2 miles on my bike..ran into a game warden..Had a good scout..
My bike I got for 15.00 is a 400 .00 Giant mt bike..I put a 52.00 seat on it..new tires , computer odometer/speedometer, air pump, mirror and lights..it's a 21 speed..glad it is..or I would have been pushing the bike in some of the terrain. Wheels are nice and straight..I found me a spot to turkey hunt,,that's most important. {-; I didn't get the quota so I'll have to wait until the weekends is over..I plan to scout from here to deer season...it's good exercise and I enjoy the outdoors. I thought I saw a bobcat but it was very quick..too big for a FL rabbit.

God loves all of you who are reading this post..His creation is marvelous..He's an awesome God.
Heck yea...sounds like a sweet setup...Its good to hear the wardens are out there patrolin around...I think I'm gonna give it a go first weekend in April...got an area I seen birds in a few times this year...do a little post season deer scouting while I'm at it
Old 03-20-2016, 11:36 AM
Dominant Buck

I;ll be out this week..you have to put your bike on the smallest front sprocket in the swamp. LOL or you will be walking...
Old 03-27-2016, 06:05 PM
Fork Horn

I finally got my bird I was after. I hunted this bird 4 times but just couldn't get it done and on the fifth day it paid off. He had a 9 3/4" beard and 1 3/8" Spurs.
Old 03-27-2016, 07:44 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Woodsman88
I finally got my bird I was after. I hunted this bird 4 times but just couldn't get it done and on the fifth day it paid off. He had a 9 3/4" beard and 1 3/8" Spurs.
Very nice bird. I'm hoping to get out there wens thurs and fri. I'm not sure where the birds are but I know exactly where they aren't!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.