Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Greenswamp wma hunters >

Greenswamp wma hunters

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 12-20-2015, 01:30 PM
Fork Horn

I got out there this weekend...had a lotta doe activity...seems the cooler weather got em movin purty good...gonna try to get on the Bucks next weekend...
Old 12-20-2015, 01:37 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by NY2FL
Got out Tuesday for an evening hunt from 3:00 to sunset. Heard a pig but never saw him.

Went out again today from 1:00 to sunset thinking the rain in the morning and dropping temperature in the afternoon would get some stuff moving. Unfortunately that wasn't the case.

Took a picture of the shed from the 8 point when I was there, I think it attached to the post. Broke his brow tine but still a nice buck. (Picture doesn't really do it any justice.)
Nice find...people don't give GS enough credit for havin big bucks...but there are a good number of em in there...seems most of em with age learn how to completely avoid us as hunters...but they are definitely in there
Old 12-20-2015, 02:47 PM
Spike

Definitely a nice shed you found!

I agree with the subject of numerous people checking out areas. I hunted a spot all of archery and never saw one other person contemplate stopping there until after I shot the spike. After that I have seen 2 others parking there while I was in as well as a guy pulling a sled with a shiny new ladder stand on it thru the woods on a bike at 8:00am while I was hunting from my climber. Sounded like an elephant prancing through the palmettos.
Old 12-20-2015, 02:48 PM
Spike

also saw some pics on a friends facebook that looked super familiar to the ones I have taken. so I'm going to hang one of my mini cams and see who may be around to at least correlate as to when we will be there.
Nothing worse than hunting a good spot to have someone walk up on you or put so much scent in the area it smells like a night club.
Old 12-20-2015, 03:46 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by I AM THE WOODS
Nice find...people don't give GS enough credit for havin big bucks...but there are a good number of em in there...seems most of em with age learn how to completely avoid us as hunters...but they are definitely in there
No question about that! Lots of land and lots of cover. This buck definitely isn't stupid, that's for sure. Hopefully the day he makes a mistake I'll be the one there to catch him on it.
Old 12-20-2015, 03:50 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Boosted
Definitely a nice shed you found!

I agree with the subject of numerous people checking out areas. I hunted a spot all of archery and never saw one other person contemplate stopping there until after I shot the spike. After that I have seen 2 others parking there while I was in as well as a guy pulling a sled with a shiny new ladder stand on it thru the woods on a bike at 8:00am while I was hunting from my climber. Sounded like an elephant prancing through the palmettos.
Did they happen to see you pulling the spike out? It's bound to happen though. Someone'll see a car parked time and time again and wonder what the fuss is about. Doesn't make it any less frustrating when you're sitting in your stand and someone comes by though.
You said you were going to hang some cameras, do you lock them to the tree? I'd like to place some but I'd hate to have them stolen.
Old 12-22-2015, 11:08 AM
Spike

Did they happen to see you pulling the spike out? It's bound to happen though. Someone'll see a car parked time and time again and wonder what the fuss is about. Doesn't make it any less frustrating when you're sitting in your stand and someone comes by though.
Nobody saw me pull my deer out that I'm aware of. However, a few did see me checking it in at the check station. So I'm guessing decided that I must be onto something and kept an eye where I parked my truck haha. I try not to go in ANYWHERE I see a vehicle parked and so far while I was hunting weekends during general gun I have only ran into 3 people. 1 on a stand about 200 yards from me, I saw his vest and immediately retreated the same way I came as to not disturb them. other 2 were just walking as I was on my way back to the truck.
Old 12-22-2015, 11:20 AM
Spike

You said you were going to hang some cameras, do you lock them to the tree? I'd like to place some but I'd hate to have them stolen.
I have hung 2 up last year. One with a regular strap, and another in a lock box (that I stenciled Property of FWC on ) lag bolted to the tree. Neither were messed with. I have gotten 2 very small cams that blend in well so I'm going to try them out. I just simply try not to put them right on a walking path or out in plain sight on the side of a tree. above eye height aiming down is usually what I do as most people are looking at the ground and bushes.
Old 12-22-2015, 03:43 PM
Spike

Headed to richloam tomorrow morning. I will probably hit green swamp tomorrow afternoon
Old 12-23-2015, 11:40 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Swamphuntr
Headed to richloam tomorrow morning. I will probably hit green swamp tomorrow afternoon
A friend went out to richloam and sunk his damn truck last weekend haha made a wrong turn and wham up to the top of the fender wells I believe. I've never hunted richloam myself as I've heard it's nasty area and a lot of dog hunting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.