Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Greenswamp wma hunters >

Greenswamp wma hunters

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 10-18-2013, 12:43 PM
Fork Horn

Went n scouted Green Swamp today, aint wet as it usually is this time of year...i came in off the 471 side, seems they have burnt up a good chunk of woods recently...aint see much deer sign but tracks here n there n some hog sign...lotta skeeters down near that river tho...
Old 10-18-2013, 06:51 PM
Spike

Default Green Swamp

I was supposed to head out there in the morning, but wife surprised me when I got home from work with "good news". In-laws are coming for the weekend. Someone shoot me please!
Old 10-20-2013, 12:25 PM
Fork Horn

Anybody make it out to Green Swamp for the first weekend of archery? I went up to Croom for the muzzleloadin hunt...they got 16 bucks biggest bein an 8 point that weighed one 140 which i got to see...purty stout deer with an average rack...guy at the check station said most the bucks were smaller under 120 lbs....which that is consistent with the little sign i was able to find smaller tracks n tiny rubs...I only seen 7 does out of the stand and we ran a purty nice cowhorn spike as he was crossin the road...other than that...not much of deer sign at all...seems like Croom is gettin worse every year...I remember goin in there as a kid n it wasnt nothin to see 10-15 deer a day sometimes even more...aint sure if its the coyotes, poachin or what but somethin has definitely happened in the past 15 years...
Old 10-20-2013, 07:00 PM
Spike

I was out today for my first time ever scouting/hunting at Green Swamp. I spent most of my time along the Three-run Grade road where the fence meets up with the road until the intersection where the northerly Powder Grade road begins. I saw a lot of rooting sign close to the roads, some trails along the fence line, but could not find any wallows or bedding areas.

If anyone has any other areas where hogs are active or a good place to increase my chances of shooting a hog I would appreciate it.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:25 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by DUSTOFF
I was out today for my first time ever scouting/hunting at Green Swamp. I spent most of my time along the Three-run Grade road where the fence meets up with the road until the intersection where the northerly Powder Grade road begins. I saw a lot of rooting sign close to the roads, some trails along the fence line, but could not find any wallows or bedding areas.

If anyone has any other areas where hogs are active or a good place to increase my chances of shooting a hog I would appreciate it.
Usually up by three run is a good area for hogs...gotta hit the bayheads or thick palmettos thats where they like beddin up at...
Old 10-24-2013, 03:28 PM
Spike

Default Green Swamp

My bad luck is holding out. Was all set to hit Green Swamp this weekend (10/26) work truck broke down for a day and got to make the time up on saturday, mannnnnnnn! I need to see where I can bowhunt Nov 2nd instead. Somewhere within 50 or so miles of Trinity area.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:35 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Rebelcowboy75
My bad luck is holding out. Was all set to hit Green Swamp this weekend (10/26) work truck broke down for a day and got to make the time up on saturday, mannnnnnnn! I need to see where I can bowhunt Nov 2nd instead. Somewhere within 50 or so miles of Trinity area.
Dang that stinks...Im gonna hit the swamp tomorro n see whats happenin out there...hey Croom motorcycle area bow huntin opens next weekend...might be worth checkin out
Old 10-26-2013, 02:48 PM
Fork Horn

Well I sat 11 hours in the stand today n seen 2 does cut across the palmettos at around 100 yds. out at around 730 this mornin other than that notta except birds n squirrels...471 side has had 4 does checked out no bucks and no hogs which i was surprised to see quite a bit of hog sign all over...might try it again tomorro
Old 10-27-2013, 05:46 AM
Spike

Default Croom

I AM THE WOODS, thanks for the info on Croom motorcycle area. I'll definitely be heading up there net weekend then. I have heard of the place,but never could find much info when the motorcycle area opens for bow hunting. How long does it stay open?
Also, Chass seemed decent too. I was there 2nd weekend of bow season and saw plenty of sign, but only deer I saw were being registered at gate by other hunters, lol.
Old 10-27-2013, 06:01 AM
Spike

Default Croom

I actually just found the info on Croom, I failed to check under General gun season (when archery opens for motorcycle area.) Thanks again for the info.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.