Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 10-08-2013, 12:42 AM
Dominant Buck

thanks partner
Old 10-08-2013, 10:41 AM
Fork Horn

Yea im gonna be out at Croom for the Muzzleloadin hunt at least one day buddy of mine gotta permit for it...past couple years they have taken about 35-40 bucks durin that weekend hunt...thing that stinks is thats the same weekend as the Green Swamp archery opener...
Old 10-08-2013, 03:10 PM
Dominant Buck

yes sir...God willing I'll be hunting BP on the 19th weekend at Three Lakes...I wouldn't mind stopping and saying hi to ya sometime at your camp in the Green Swamp...i have a tent set up at Three Lakes...
Old 10-08-2013, 04:17 PM
Spike

Was scouting croom the other day and found a sounder of hogs
Old 10-08-2013, 04:33 PM
Dominant Buck

i was scouting my spot as well..walked up on a big fat 200 pounder...but i wasn't looking for hogs..looking for deer
Old 10-08-2013, 07:24 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Chuck7
yes sir...God willing I'll be hunting BP on the 19th weekend at Three Lakes...I wouldn't mind stopping and saying hi to ya sometime at your camp in the Green Swamp...i have a tent set up at Three Lakes...
Nice...I have heard the BP hunt in Three Lakes is usually a good hunt...yea i camp at 471 camp for archery durin gun season i camp in Richloam...but im always round Green Swamp durin the season...
Old 10-08-2013, 07:26 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Gret12345
Was scouting croom the other day and found a sounder of hogs
Yea Croom isnt known for too much of a hog area but there is a good number of em round the river
Old 10-08-2013, 07:37 PM
Fork Horn

From the amount of deer activity I have seen while scoutin n doin that first archery hunt I think we oughta be in for a good deer season...since July I have seen 14 bucks all 6 point or better but 3 of them...thats between Green Swamp ,Green Swamp West, n Half Moon WMAs...as for hogs I have seen over 80...should be a good season all around...I will scout Croom next week...deer should start showin sign in there seein as the rut in there starts up earlier...Half Moon had some sign startin to show...think Half Moon n Croom has about the same rut time...
Old 10-09-2013, 05:40 AM
Dominant Buck

Since i have more time i plan to hunt green swamp alot more..i have about 8 different decent spots to jump around...

When i hunt 3 lakes i plan to stay a few days...much longer drive
Old 10-12-2013, 05:55 PM
Fork Horn

Well boys next weekend is GO time in the swamp...I will be out there Friday scoutin...anybody scouted in there? If so are the bucks showin any sign yet?...I went back to GSW today to take out my game cam and happened to see the same bachelor group of bucks I did back at the end of July. They have shed their velvet and are some boneheads now. This time I got a longer better look at the real tall 8 point and he is a stud, he makes the other 8 n 10 point runnin with that group look like chumps n they are both good lookin bucks. After watchin them for about 10 minutes me and the smaller/average 8 hada stare down for about a minute before he finally blew and they all took off. Interestin thing was that as they were takin off I counted 7 bucks last time I seen the group there were only 5, looks like the new comers were smaller basket racked 6s or 8s...kinda weird bein that usually this time of year the bigger bucks usually start chasin off the smaller ones. After they ran off I began to look around in found a couple fresh rubs n some good scrapes too. Seen 4 big does in that general area as well. Come Feb. for that hunt I will be spendin every minute I can in that area.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.