HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   South (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south-27/)
-   -   Greenswamp wma hunters (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south/369549-greenswamp-wma-hunters.html)

FATboySWEATS 12-05-2012 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by greenswampman (Post 4012887)
yea heard the count was down going to try my 3 mile spot havent been out to it since lst yr see if anything is stirring there

3 miles? Man thats a hike! Which general area do you hunt? I have been on both Hammock Rd and the end of Levee by the creek.

flhunter91 12-08-2012 08:48 PM

Hey everyone! I want to get into duck hunting and was wondering if anyone knew about duck hunting in the Green Swamp. I know its just the river but on Google earth their are those old mines and another pool. Just wondering if those ever held any ducks. I appreciate any insight guys

FATboySWEATS 12-09-2012 03:46 AM

Had to have a change of scenery today. Currently sitting at Three Lakes hoping to see something.

greenswampman 12-09-2012 03:22 PM

fat boysweats i hunt off rockridge side well sat morining went on my hike and my heel spur has been killing me but toughen up and made the haul back to my spot and the way there ran up on some hogs feeding around watch them for few mins then moved on to a spot and settled dwn bout thirty mins went by and heard the palmettos restling around figured it was some hogs waited for bout 10 mins and turned my head to see if i could see anything and bam a white flag busted ended up seeing 7 hogs and two deer

FATboySWEATS 12-09-2012 04:48 PM

Nice! I made it there Saturday afternoon and hunted at the end of Tanic Rd on a fire break with no luck.

I AM THE WOODS 12-10-2012 05:14 AM

I only got to hunt saturday this past weekend...as of saturday i was surprised to see they hadnt killed a deer since the previous sunday...i went n sat in the stand for 7 hours to only have an otter come by...went n did some walkin around n found a small oak hammock in between 2 bayheads tore up with rubs from last year but nothin fresh...every where im goin aint seein no fresh rubs...in a lot of the places i go in previous years I have seen rubs popin up in late Nov./ early Dec and this year... nothin....any of yall seein an fresh buck sign?

greenswampman 12-10-2012 12:37 PM

no fresh rubs yet either on my end cpl yrs back i seen rubs at the start of archery its got to b the weather i just dnt no

FATboySWEATS 12-10-2012 02:45 PM

I have only found you rub line and one scrap. I have placed a camera on the rub line but haven't had any luck getting pictures or seeing anything

bnccna2 12-10-2012 06:06 PM

Haven't seen any rubs - found some fresh turds in a funnel area Saturday so I put up a cam to see when they're coming through. Itchin' to get my first deer soon.

bnccna2 12-10-2012 06:07 PM

Rock ridge was at 4 deer 12 hogs when I checked Sunday