HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   South (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south-27/)
-   -   Greenswamp wma hunters (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south/369549-greenswamp-wma-hunters.html)

Hereforthehogs 10-03-2020 01:49 PM

lots of water in the swamp. Went in to grab cameras during hog dog today and it was calf deep pretty much everywhere I went. Did get a great video on one of the cams of a coyote chasing a doe and getting a kick in the face for it. Looking forward to archery.

josh_scott84 10-05-2020 04:59 AM

Super wet this past weekend. Saw several hogs taken Saturday but didn't see anyone with a hog on Sunday Rockridge side.

BuckItUp 12-03-2020 04:17 AM

Well guys, gun starts this weekend. Hope you all got in plenty of scouting. Ill be in Upper Hillsborough for archery on Saturday then in the Swamp on Sunday. I am freaking stoked and have a really nice spot this year. GOOD LUCK AND SAFE HUNTING!

BuckItUp 12-06-2020 03:29 PM

Not that this forum is much active anymore but I got it done this morning. I was blessed with a heck of a morning and a nice basket 6 point. I had 15 or so hogs come thru just after light. Not long after the coons and squirrels had a field day, followed by two does and a four point. At 9:20am I looked down, not 20 yards away, he sat too perfect not to. He's no Green Swamp giant but I'm very proud of him. I'm getting better and seeing more and more each year. Hope y'all did our will have a hunt the same. Let's get this form up and going again. I learned almost all I know about hunting the swamp from here, and I appreciate it all. Post them up fellas!

Bocajnala 12-07-2020 02:06 AM

Glad you connected!

-Jake

josh_scott84 12-07-2020 06:16 AM

Some folks were just over the border in Richloam on Saturday firing off every round they own. Must have heard 3-500 rounds fired off between 8 and 11 am.

The fun of public land

David2018 12-07-2020 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by BuckItUp (Post 4384724)
Not that this forum is much active anymore but I got it done this morning. I was blessed with a heck of a morning and a nice basket 6 point. I had 15 or so hogs come thru just after light. Not long after the coons and squirrels had a field day, followed by two does and a four point. At 9:20am I looked down, not 20 yards away, he sat too perfect not to. He's no Green Swamp giant but I'm very proud of him. I'm getting better and seeing more and more each year. Hope y'all did our will have a hunt the same. Let's get this form up and going again. I learned almost all I know about hunting the swamp from here, and I appreciate it all. Post them up fellas!

Way to go Buckitup! Congrats on an early season success!

BuckItUp 12-07-2020 08:55 AM

Bocajnala and David thank you! I can't stop replaying it in my head, nothing is more rewarding. Josh_Scott I did hear quite a few shots maybe 15 or so. Some we're awful close and that can be disheartening, just have to hang in stand and let the impatient hunters/wahoos push them around and hopefully to you.

josh_scott84 12-08-2020 06:57 AM

Bad location choice by me. I need to scout more of the interior near levee and northern tanic grade. I was up in the back 900 area in the northeast corner.

BuckItUp 12-08-2020 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by josh_scott84 (Post 4384784)
Bad location choice by me. I need to scout more of the interior near levee and northern tanic grade. I was up in the back 900 area in the northeast corner.

I agree. It seems like a LOT of guys slip in there. Always see a pile of trucks there. Surely there's good deer just more pressure to contend with. Not sure what ya look for as far as scouting but I personally was way over thinking about getting "away from other hunters" for a long time. Last few years I've just been going where most people over look. Some no more than a 15 minute walk from the road. And more than anything a spot where palmettos meet an open shallow swamp with scattered pines. Just my experience.