Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Greenswamp wma hunters >

Greenswamp wma hunters

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 12-03-2018, 03:51 PM
Spike

Nails i went in and out Rockridge today and there were only 2 hogs and a squirrel for the first three days. Nothing today. Same with 471 only 2 hogs as of yesterday. Been seeing a doe and a yearling each morning, nothing with head gear!
Old 12-03-2018, 04:04 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BuckItUp
Nails i went in and out Rockridge today and there were only 2 hogs and a squirrel for the first three days. Nothing today. Same with 471 only 2 hogs as of yesterday. Been seeing a doe and a yearling each morning, nothing with head gear!
Thanks man. I generally don't see much in the way of headgear until the end of the month, but I have seen some earlier. Late december the numbers start blowing up with the pre-rut churning up.
Old 12-04-2018, 03:00 PM
Spike

1 hog killed out of 471 side today. On a side note there really are live bucks in the swamp. Just a bit after noon seen him cruise thru pretty quick, only stopping for a second. Just long enough to see he was wearing a small crown. That will keep my hopes up, still keeping fingers crossed.

Last edited by BuckItUp; 12-04-2018 at 03:29 PM.
Old 12-06-2018, 12:54 PM
Spike

Anyone knock any down the last two days? Weather sure was right.
Old 12-07-2018, 11:35 AM
Spike

Default November and December is for Scouting

Originally Posted by Tufrthnails
Thanks man. I generally don't see much in the way of headgear until the end of the month, but I have seen some earlier. Late december the numbers start blowing up with the pre-rut churning up.
Last Season didnt see a thing until the end of December, then bang bang every weekend until season closed. Meanwhile I already shot 4 in Ocala. Green swamp is just one of those places.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:10 AM
Spike

Default GPS/Cell/Meat Processed?

Planning my first trip to GS next week. I don’t live that far (Clermont) but was wondering how effective the cell service is in that area. Considering buying the entry level Garmin just to make sure I don’t get turned around in the woods. It doesn’t have maps but gives you directions to truck / stand.
Also- if by some miracle I’m successful and take a hog or deer, is there anywhere locally to get the animal cleaned / processed? Thanks in advance.
Old 12-10-2018, 04:18 PM
Fork Horn

Haven't been on the site for a week but I was out there weds - fri. Was back out there today at some point over the weekend a 10pt 152# buck was checked in on the Rockridge side. Numbers were 1 deer, 3 hogs, 10 squirrels. I've never seen so many pigs in GS. Lost count at 26 on thursday evening last week.
Old 12-10-2018, 04:19 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by truthinthematt
Last Season didnt see a thing until the end of December, then bang bang every weekend until season closed. Meanwhile I already shot 4 in Ocala. Green swamp is just one of those places.
Yep seems like Xmas or just before is the magical turning point. Hopefully that holds true again this year.
Old 12-10-2018, 04:23 PM
Spike

HogHunter I have Metro/ T Mobile and i get a bar here and there just long enough to let the wife know to not send the forces out looking for me. As for a handheld GPS it would be a great investment. Most are capable of keeping your trail log tracks as long as it is on. So while walking to where you will be hunting leave it on. That way when it's time to go, you just follow your saved track back out. Also never solely rely on an electronic device for navigation. Nothing will ever beat a compass common sense. Study your choice of topo maps and plan to stick to one area, becoming more familiar of it on each outing. Believe me when i say it's EASY to get turned around in the swamp. By the way Weicht's Custom Slaughter Inc in zephyrhills is a good place. Good luck, be safe and make it thunder! Report back.
Old 12-10-2018, 04:24 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Tufrthnails
Haven't been on the site for a week but I was out there weds - fri. Was back out there today at some point over the weekend a 10pt 152# buck was checked in on the Rockridge side. Numbers were 1 deer, 3 hogs, 10 squirrels. I've never seen so many pigs in GS. Lost count at 26 on thursday evening last week.
That’s a darn nice buck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.