HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   South (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south-27/)
-   -   Greenswamp wma hunters (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south/369549-greenswamp-wma-hunters.html)

daleintampa 11-13-2012 07:32 PM

Can't wait for Saturday too. Gonna head out there Friday morning and scout a little and put up a couple stands

jfilmore 11-15-2012 04:00 AM

How are the water levels out there? Still needing a canoe to get to stands? Havent been out since bow opening? Going to be out there Sat and just trying to plan ahead on where I should go that I wont need a boat like last time LOL

daleintampa 11-15-2012 04:28 AM

I will post a update on the conditions Tomorrow afternoon when I leave there so you'll have an idea unless someone else has been out here recent.

greenswampman 11-15-2012 04:39 PM

looks like im going to be missing opening wkened cause of work

daleintampa 11-15-2012 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by greenswampman (Post 4005457)
looks like im going to be missing opening wkened cause of work

That sucks Man. Hunting should take priority ! Especially opening weekend of GG. I noticed that when I drew my permit, it was only for the first 4 days but won't be able to hunt Thanksgiving weekend. So I assume you got the same permit.

daleintampa 11-16-2012 10:10 PM

Update on wet/dry conditions is suprizingly dry compared to past years. A spot I hunt would always require walking through some water but no doin yesterday. Looks good !

greenswampman 11-17-2012 12:20 AM

i argee with ya dale but work has been kinda slow so got to make the money while i can and yes got same permit

jfilmore 11-17-2012 05:12 PM

Did anyone see anything today (Opening GG Sat)? I was really disappointed today. Thought I was in a good area and NOTHING! When I left 471 Sat evening they stated no one has bagged anything for the whole day and only 13 for all of Archery! WHERE ARE THE DEER???

daleintampa 11-17-2012 05:27 PM

I saw a Big Oak tree. But he wasn't quite what I was looking for so I let him pass. :) I didn't see crap. I did however hear a Chopper over head and called FWC. A Father and son were lost/missing. FWC gave me the coordinates of their last location. Got down and went to help. I found them after they found the road. Gave them a lift back to their car. I told the father, looking for them was more fun than not seeing anything to shoot ! Overall I had fun. But I think I'll see more Deer on TV than I ever will in GS.

Woodsman88 11-17-2012 05:29 PM

12 deer for archery isn't all that bad considering there are less people that archery hunt than gun hunt. Also, that number only reflects the number of deer killed not seen or missed. If you haven't seen anything in a few sits then scout for somethin else. They are there you just gotta find them.