Ready for Deer in NC??? >

Ready for Deer in NC???

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Ready for Deer in NC???

Old 09-26-2003, 06:27 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Ready for Deer in NC???

They are slow where I hunt in Caldwell county too<I found a few red oak acorns but no white oak or beech nuts yet.Hunted over the red oaks 3 full days haven' t seen a deer yet,Monday week is muzzleloading season there hope it cools off a lot before then maybe they will move more.
Don' t know what they are eating,put out some corn up there too but the deer haven' t touched it yet either.Seen about 50 turkeys one evening out from my stand but they haven' t been in the corn either.
My brother saw a nice sized bear in his stand on the ridge above me,but I guess he was just passing through,he didn' t come into the corn either.
It funny because when there is acorns they leave the corn just before bow season starts but I haven' t found very many acorns yet.so I don' t know what they are feeding on.
Bow NC,I got drawed for the second gun hunt on the PD maybe they will be moving then.Thought I was going to go down and bow hunt some but spending time in Caldwell,its a little cooler up that way.
Old 10-06-2003, 06:39 PM

I live in Beaufort County, does anybody have or knows anybody that has land I could bowhunt on, I could possibly pay a small fee and sacrafice some venison. Ya' ll don' t know how good ya have it until you move like I did.
Old 10-20-2003, 04:15 PM

i am a first time hunter and i am looking for a place to hunt any good places to hunt at.if any places let me know.i live in wayne county in goldsboroon the air force base.
Old 10-21-2003, 09:52 AM
Spike

Shawn,
Go to Wal-mart or a hunting store and get a gameland book. There are several gamelands in your area. You could check with the military bases in your area as well. Most of them allow hunting. Other than that, ya gotta make some house calls.