Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Ready for Deer in NC??? >

Ready for Deer in NC???

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Ready for Deer in NC???

Old 09-06-2003, 07:49 PM

Default Ready for Deer in NC???

I' ve got my stand in place and the corn pile fresh. I can hardly wait for next Saturday. It will be here in no time and gone almost as fast. Is everyone ready??
Old 09-08-2003, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ready for Deer in NC???

Ready and waiting!!!! Went in yesterday and done some looking and a couple of my stands are really hot with deer sign. I' ve had stands in place since early July and i can' t hardly wait for Saturday. From the extended forecast looks like we are going to have a nice opening day if it doesn' t change. Good luck Saturday!
Old 09-22-2003, 04:56 AM
Typical Buck

Anyone seeing any deer in Anson county?How does it look after last years die off?
Have' t been down that way to bowhunt yet,but went down to fill my feeder up a couple weeks ago and the deer hadn' t even been in the corn,went with another guy to another area and they hadn,t touched his either.Didn' t see any acorns either are they any where you hunt.
Old 09-22-2003, 06:29 PM

Man, the oaks around the cabin have acorns the size of your thumb and they are dropping. The deer have been hitting the corn fairly well but they will probably back off a bit for the acorns. I' m hunting in Franklin. Good luck to you.
Old 09-22-2003, 08:07 PM
Spike

hey guys anyone saw any big deer yet,i think it will be a great season ,it hard to keep corn in the woods now, but at least if the does are there then in Oct the bucks will show up, has anyone saw any bear yet, i am just sitting here bow hunting and waiting on bear season, good luck guys
Old 09-24-2003, 06:37 AM

hey smity are you hunitng in franklin county or the town of franklin near asheboro?
Old 09-24-2003, 07:45 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-24-2003, 03:33 PM

Franklin County.
Old 09-24-2003, 10:44 PM
Spike

I have seen lots of deer sigh in Cleveland ounty NC. No big rubs or scrapes yet. Thye have been hitting the corn and PB pretty hard. They even have torn the jars off the trees. I saw a small buck and doe togethjer opening day. I took a shot but the light was so bad I missed high. I thought I had him cuz he ran 50 yds then stopped and called for the doe. It must have been his momma for him to be with a doe thus early. He had several points, more than a spike, but he was small and still in velvet. They are still very nocturnal right now. My wife did see a 6 point by the road in the middle of town yesterday, go figure. I have been hunting twice since and not seen anything. I did spook one on an a.m. hunt and heard him all around. Gotta figure how to get to my stand and not do that. Anyone in the foothills seen rubs or scrapes.
Old 09-25-2003, 04:47 AM

I am also hunting in Cleveland County and have not seen any scrapes or rubs yet. Saw a buck last Saturday morning but did not get a good look because there were a lot of tree branches between me & him.

Quick Reply: Ready for Deer in NC???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.