HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   South (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south-27/)
-   -   Va mentioned in May Outdoor life (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south/362644-va-mentioned-may-outdoor-life.html)

vapahunter 04-19-2012 04:22 AM

Va mentioned in May Outdoor life

The state of Virginia got two significant mentions in the May issue of Outdoor life.

1: On page 38 it shows that Virginia hunters donated 405,340 lbs of meat to the Hungary. That was the largest donation of any state. congratulations Virginia for showing hunters do care about others and for disputing that hunting is no longer used to feed those in need.

2: On page 37 under Sunday Hunting Bans Virginia is also mention with the VaHDA pointed out specifically for its stand with HSUS in supporting the continual ban on Sunday Hunting in this state. congratulation VaHDA on showing just how some Virginia hunters will stand against the principles of good sportsmanship and their own objectives.

Bigg~BirddVA 04-19-2012 04:55 PM

Here's the article on VAHDA or the VA Chapter of the HSUS anti-hunting dept.

VAhuntr 04-23-2012 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by vapahunter (Post 3930839)
The state of Virginia got two significant mentions in the May issue of Outdoor life.

1: On page 38 it shows that Virginia hunters donated 405,340 lbs of meat to the Hungary. That was the largest donation of any state. congratulations Virginia for showing hunters do care about others and for disputing that hunting is no longer used to feed those in need.

2: On page 37 under Sunday Hunting Bans Virginia is also mention with the VaHDA pointed out specifically for its stand with HSUS in supporting the continual ban on Sunday Hunting in this state. congratulation VaHDA on showing just how some Virginia hunters will stand against the principles of good sportsmanship and their own objectives.

Great to see that VA deer hunters were so generous this year. I try to donate at least 1 deer to the Hunters for the Hungry each year. It is a very good program.

Now the second part of your post is sad, to say the least. It is a shame the VaHDA sided with an anti hunting group in the HSUS. I believe one day they will be begging for help from the rest of us hunters when the HSUS puts dog hunting in their "crosshairs." They are playing a very dangerous game by crawling in bed with those folks!

Eyedr 04-24-2012 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by VAhuntr (Post 3931838)
Great to see that VA deer hunters were so generous this year. I try to donate at least 1 deer to the Hunters for the Hungry each year. It is a very good program.

Now the second part of your post is sad, to say the least. It is a shame the VaHDA sided with an anti hunting group in the HSUS. I believe one day they will be begging for help from the rest of us hunters when the HSUS puts dog hunting in their "crosshairs." They are playing a very dangerous game by crawling in bed with those folks!

They will need my help someday. And I will be sitting here dead quiet minding my own business.... I wont lobby against, but over my dead body will I lobby for any of their needs.